Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone ever fixed a Carenar 135mm 2.8?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Anyone ever fixed a Carenar 135mm 2.8? Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am new to the forum, and have a question. I have a k-mount carenar 135mm f2.8. The aperture seems to be stuck at 2.8, not stuck actually, the aperture ring turns, but when I push the pin the lens does not stop down.

Is there anyway this can be fixed, anyone with any experience dealing with a carenar is welcome. Smile

This is the lens...

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone ever fixed a Carenar 135mm 2.8? Reply with quote

osebik wrote:
Hi all,
I am new to the forum, and have a question. I have a k-mount carenar 135mm f2.8. The aperture seems to be stuck at 2.8, not stuck actually, the aperture ring turns, but when I push the pin the lens does not stop down.

Is there anyway this can be fixed, anyone with any experience dealing with a carenar is welcome. Smile

This is the lens...

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a generic cheap Japanese lens. Need to open it a clean blades from dirt and oil. You need some small screw , a spanner wrench, a lot of patient to clean and put back blades. If any blade is deformed already it will NO success.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Atilla,

It is a cheap lens, but I have seen very nice photos taken with it in deviantart and flickr, so I want to have a go at fixing it. I have never opened a lens before, to reach the blades I am guessing one needs to start dismantling the lens from the back, right?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a nice lens, btw.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lense and got it for $10. Still haven't used it. But mine doesn't have the EEK on the front ring.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case someone will come here. The root cause when Carenar lens does not shut the blades when pin is pressed down is that L-form push arm got unscrewed. Due to its size, it easily stuck between external body and internal tube and makes no sound even when you shake lens. To fix it - just open lens from the back and screw L-push arm back, the way that when pin is pressed, it touches one side of L-arm and other side start to push the diagram lever up-outside direction. From my understanding , there is only one position how you can attach it there, so it is easy. I`ve fixed this way 2 Carenars already.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gud wrote:
In case someone will come here. The root cause when Carenar lens does not shut the blades when pin is pressed down is that L-form push arm got unscrewed. Due to its size, it easily stuck between external body and internal tube and makes no sound even when you shake lens. To fix it - just open lens from the back and screw L-push arm back, the way that when pin is pressed, it touches one side of L-arm and other side start to push the diagram lever up-outside direction. From my understanding , there is only one position how you can attach it there, so it is easy. I`ve fixed this way 2 Carenars already.

Even if i never had a Carenar lens it s nice for you to share your knowlege.