Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Same Day Edit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Same Day Edit Reply with quote

We shot a huge Hindu Wedding this weekend and wanted to pull the trigger on something we've been wanting to try since going tapeless with the Canon 550D/t2i. It's called a Same Day Edit and as the name implies, it's a highlight of the wedding day that is shown that night at the reception. It's alot of hard work but it's a powerful marketing tool so it's totally worth it.

http://dallasweddingfilms.net/?p=244

Lenses represented in this video.....

Tamron 17-50 2.8 for the wide shots.
Vivitar 70-210 3.5 for the closeups
Mamiya Sekor 55mm 1.4 for the makeup shot
Mir 24 for the groom laughing and get the yellow past smeared in.

I also got to try out the Volna-3 this past weekend as well and man is it a gorgeous lens! The colors are rich and vibrant with that piece of glass on my camera. Just unreal. Unfortunately, none of the shots from that lens made the cut as it didn't fit the narrarative but I'll post them later.
Enjoy the clip!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, great experience superb work, thanks for sharing with us
my only 'critic' would be the choice of music as I am a Hindu music fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
congrats, great experience superb work, thanks for sharing with us
my only 'critic' would be the choice of music as I am a Hindu music fan

Thanks for watching and your comments. I really appreciate not only the kind words but also when someone points out where there's room for improvement.

I love Hindu music but unfortunately don't have much knowledge of the genre save for the guy who did the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack (and this song). I figured the song would be perfect as it had a good mix of Hindi and Western influences (just like the wedding itself) but I agree it was sort of a weak link (although servicable). Do you have some suggestions on artists I should look up?