Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First Go with the Bessa - Kodak 160VC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: First Go with the Bessa - Kodak 160VC Reply with quote

I seriously need better looking people to take pictures of. These self portraits are getting old. Anyways, here is the camera: http://forum.mflenses.com/bessa-voigtlander-acceptable-price-t27939.html

Voigtar 3.5/10.5cm - Kodak 160VC - Guess Focused - Taken at f8 + 1/50th (compur-rapid shutter) - Epson v700 - 20ft cable release was obviously hidden

The triplet is definitely not the sharpest and I think the focus point was behind me, but it does a decent job I think.

C&C welcomed.
~Marc

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shows promise, Marc, now try it on the GF, or has she already kicked you
to the curb Question* Thinking 160NC would be a better choice for portraits.

*Just kidding, but if so, my commiserations. Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try lying on the table now you know where the focus is Very Happy The table looks really sharp and the bokeh is nice.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this one was difficult. I've never dealt with a camera without at least a rangefinder, so I'm not quite used to the guessing. The lens has sparse distance markings too, and I tried in between a couple of them. I also thought stopping down to f8 would give me a bit more wiggle room. That obviously didn't work. Rolling Eyes

And actually the girlfriend and I did part ways. At least she didn't take any of my photo equipment like the last one did Laughing We both went to Delaware for school. She moved back to Florida after graduating and I went back to Connecticut. We more or less decided that the distance would be too great so we ended it there. Oh well...life goes on.

~Marc

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc, sorry to hear about the GF, but life does go on. One of the best
movies I've seen recently takes place in Connecticut, The Vicious Kind, 2009.
Adam Scott should have won an Oscar for his performance, but didn't, of course.
It's kind of a dark comedy, but there are parts that almost knocked me out of my chair.
Recommended, and might cheer you up a little.

Interested to see some landscapes from that Bessa.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be never as brave as you are taking the self portraits on middle format Very Happy
Good job. Pitty that kettle is not part of composition.