Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ebay: Nasty BUYERS to avoid ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:25 am    Post subject: Ebay: Nasty BUYERS to avoid ? Reply with quote

Hello.

I've being scammed by two ebay buyers, one from Australia, another one from Germany.

I think, it will be wise if we'll have such thread? It will save your money and time. Personally I've lost $765 in these two transactions.

Below are summary for these scams, which also show how badly ebay threats buyers.

1. Australia: Buyer claims parcel never received, while tracking shows it is delivered. The problem is that company I'm using is not trackable via ebay's built-in tracking engine, so it still says "unknown". When I asked ebay support to check the tracking for validity at external site, they said they have no right to open any other site than ebay, so can't check. I had to refund $120.

2. Germany: Customer claims that item arrived damaged, with broken glass, chipped surfaces, etc. While it was brand new. He opened item not received case. Again, tracking not supported by ebay, so while I'm going to escalate case to ebay support, I have strong feeling that I've lost a lens worth $645.

I'm not posting their ebay names yet, awaiting moderator's decision, whenever they aproove such topic or not.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top of the page in this section http://forum.mflenses.com/ebay-nasty-sellers-to-avoid-t2626.html

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a set of LEICA parts and most importantly a FOCOTAR enlarger lens with that.
Seller sun*shine*girl took about two weeks to get it shipped with tons of long winded
explainations ("shipped but came back" etc.), then after putting some pressure on her
it gets finally shipped. Once I collected it from the customs offic here after shelling
out some $60, I opened it there to find out that the lens was missing in the unopened
package!!

Complained to her right after return home and got a "it was there when I packed it"
yada yada, again long winded response.

She promised to look after it, but of course no response and after some time, filed a
ebay complaint, then she gets upset as the funds "were taking out her paypal account
which now is negative".

She promised to find me a replacements lens, but no response as expected actually....

So after further 5 days, ebay refunds completely and closes the case, but still I have
lost $60 and quite a bit nerves...

NEVER EVER AGAIN WITH "sun*shine*girl" !!!

Last edited by kds315* on Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the miracle about the disappeared from my package Focotar 100mm lens
fially came to light. A few days ago the lens appears on ebay by a professional
seller here Click here to see on Ebay at an outrageous price. So obviously
my seller was either contacted after I won and got a ridiculous offer, so could
not resist cheating me, or was searching sellers while withholding my package
for nearly two weeks ("package came back, had to ship it again...") until she
found someone who was willing to quickly buy....

Just shows how much greed there is around...

Btw, that also puts seller "leica-post" in some rather strange light...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

This may seem like an outrageous suggestion, but considering you have paid for the item I believe it is your right: file a police report in Germany for fraud and they will be able to follow it up with an affiliate in Hungary, and hopefully you can have the item seized... maybe even by customs if it is sold again.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:
kds315* wrote:

This may seem like an outrageous suggestion, but considering you have paid for the item I believe it is your right: file a police report in Germany for fraud and they will be able to follow it up with an affiliate in Hungary, and hopefully you can have the item seized... maybe even by customs if it is sold again.

Luckily enough at least ebay has just decided in my favour and I got all my money back, except what I have paid on import fees, these $60 will be my loss. Aside from not getting the lens I needed for a project...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Luckily enough at least ebay has just decided in my favour and I got all my money back, except what I have paid on import fees, these $60 will be my loss. Aside from not getting the lens I needed for a project...

That really sucks. I'm starting to wonder how many good experiences with Ebay it will take before I have a bad one.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is only a few luckily enough, as I have over 2400 deals done,
and out of memory only a handful bad experiences I had. That's
a low percentage!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
it is only a few luckily enough, as I have over 2400 deals done,
and out of memory only a handful bad experiences I had. That's
a low percentage!

I certainly don't have anywhere near that many haha - I can't imagine it!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same clown in Brooklyn operating under id's dicky822 and france800 - will set a very high bid on an auction, and then not pay. Have two unpaid item cases against him, and eBay are aware that it's the same person behind the separate id. I have the address in Brooklyn but that would only help future sellers identify him as the same scammer.

The downside is that I end up looking bad to eBay, as I don't even have the benefit of any email from him to prove we're not in collusion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the need for venting, but this topic seems pointless to me. The vast majority of buyers and sellers on ebay are perfectly honest and those who are not... Well, you just need to protect yourself, at least against the common scams. Like - under no circumstances ship anything overseas directly, that's what the reshippers are for.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wouldn't describe this guy as a "nasty" ebay buyer, but he has screwed me out of an expensive lens. He bought it a few months ago, then opened a claim with ebay, claiming the lens was not as described and eBay refunded him his money, despite my protests that he damaged the lens after receiving it -- as his "after" photos and my "before" photos clearly showed. But here it is, months later, I've sent him a bunch of messages and he doesn't respond. He hasn't returned the lens, either.

The buyer: vtgcameras.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay: Nasty BUYERS to avoid ? Reply with quote

CuriousOne wrote:
Hello.

... The problem is that company I'm using is not trackable via ebay's built-in tracking engine, so it still says "unknown". When I asked ebay support to check the tracking for validity at external site, they said they have no right to open any other site than ebay, so can't check.....

How can I find out if a company is trackable via ebay's built-in tracking engine? Before actually sending the parcel.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I understand the need for venting, but this topic seems pointless to me.

I apologize if you think my post was pointless, but under a thread entitled "..buyers to avoid", I thought I was performing the service as requested.

Obviously I stand corrected....