Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anybody use these lynny lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Anybody use these lynny lenses? Reply with quote

Hello Forum!

I was doing a photoshoot this past weekend and the high school senior asked me if I had something called the "creative effects camera lens" called the Lynny. I was clueless, and she pulled out her droid and showed me the website ( and let me be honest I fell in love because I actually tried to follow one of the DIY thingies on websites to make my own lens but it was an epic fail.

So last night I preordered the rota lens with $100 off and got the verta for free, the CSR said it was like a buy one get one free with a discount on top, best of both worlds if you ask me!!!!! 

I was just checking around to see if any of you might have heard about these lenses by some chance?

I really like them. But only have seen their first lens which is interesting to me but not anywhere near as much as their other lenses are.

Last edited by jordanianchatter on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just peace of glass with tilt/shift, no?

Your link doesn't work, but looks like you're talking about this : http://creayte.com/#our-products

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stick an out of alignment instamatic lens in front of yer NEX and bingo, crap photos without paying a fortune. More Lomo crap

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://vimeo.com/57765438#

This video is quite funny, this guy should work for apple (or Lomo).

"There is a demand for the best looking photo, you really need to "woaaaw" your clients..." I imagine the face of a client when you show him photo like the ones showed as exemple in this video Laughing .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Creayte web site is probably the most annoying and useless web site I've seen in a very long time. It's enough to give you migraine. Which is probably what the lens would do, judging by the video. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of the plunger cam
http://cow.mooh.org/projects/tiltshift/diyexamples.html

jordanianchatter: Look forward to seeing the results you get from the lens when it arrives

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Mon May 02, 2016 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost certainly guerrilla marketing.

You would be better off making your own judging by the reports on the lynny thing.