Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Price Check on a Canomatic 55-135 R Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Price Check on a Canomatic 55-135 R Series Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to come across this very rare lens and was it is complete with the hood and case. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of value. Info is pretty scarce on this lens.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As ever, these things are worth as much as you, the buyer, is prepared to pay. It isn't actually an ultra-rare item and if it's in the original Canomatic mount the aperure control works back-to-front and it won't function automatically on the later bodies. I think it could be used on NEX or M4/3 bodies, although the diaphragm actuating lever may be long enough to foul the adapter mount. Not sure about that, though . . .

I think the last one I saw in the UK sold on eBay for about 50 - $75 approx.

Having said that, it's still an interesting lens. Zoom lenses from the late 50s and early 60s are indeed quite rare and I recall it getting good reviews way back then. Good luck with it !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever the buyer is willing to risk! Condition, condition, condition. There can be a whole lot wrong with a good looking lens of this age. That it's an SLR lens only means there's more to gone wrong. I have a couple of Canonflexes and several lenses, all had/have little problems.