Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Price Check on a Canomatic 55-135 R Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Price Check on a Canomatic 55-135 R Series Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to come across this very rare lens and was it is complete with the hood and case. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of value. Info is pretty scarce on this lens.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As ever, these things are worth as much as you, the buyer, is prepared to pay. It isn't actually an ultra-rare item and if it's in the original Canomatic mount the aperure control works back-to-front and it won't function automatically on the later bodies. I think it could be used on NEX or M4/3 bodies, although the diaphragm actuating lever may be long enough to foul the adapter mount. Not sure about that, though . . .

I think the last one I saw in the UK sold on eBay for about £50 - $75 approx.

Having said that, it's still an interesting lens. Zoom lenses from the late 50s and early 60s are indeed quite rare and I recall it getting good reviews way back then. Good luck with it !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever the buyer is willing to risk! Condition, condition, condition. There can be a whole lot wrong with a good looking lens of this age. That it's an SLR lens only means there's more to gone wrong. I have a couple of Canonflexes and several lenses, all had/have little problems.