Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Red petunia
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Red petunia Reply with quote

I like this flowers for the insane saturation of te colours.

This is almost as saturated as the original, but I have a dark violet variety that I can't catch. All the attempts made with digital, Pro 160C, and Provia failed. Now is time to try with the Velvia and see if I solve.

Shot taken with EF-M + Pancolar 50 1,8 on tube @ f2,8. Technically speaking I think that this is the resolution limit of the ensemble. I think that if you want more sharpness you 've to step up to better body with vacuum backs, ceramic guides and so on. and a macro lens would help also.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, nice one really. Which kind of digital camera did you use ? I had red problem with Olympus 4/3 (E-300,E-1) and Nikon D50. Now I have Panasonic G1 what is render Red lot better than others.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've an old Panasonic TZ3, that serves mainly as my personal color meter (it matches well with slides!) and I have access to a Canon 400D that I borrow someimes. Unfortunately I have no example to share, but that is...

Of course the Canon is a super performer compared to the Pana, but I have the same problem to get the dense reds and dark purples as I like. Sorry but I don't have samples for the Canon, usually I use when I'm requested as a "photographer" and I give back the body with all the files. I normally use also a Nikon D60 on job (corporate camera for reports, mails...) I found it bad on dense reds, but worlds better than the old Sony F707 that replaced.

The photo published on forum are made for the pure sake of fun, and for me fun=film

Anyway, consider that the troubles Ive with digicam are quite similar with the one that comes from scanners: scanned velvia, look at this:
http://forum.mflenses.com/the-indomitable-warrior-t30613.html

Trying to adjust the scan, it turns too dark or too orange compared to the original.

This is another example, when I tried with Vuescan, it gave me the "out of gamut" error in the column area!!! (mir 20 @ f5,6, Velvia 50, gimp altered perspective)
the columns were fresh-painted, and during a clear sunset the red turned super-dense and so saturated to hurt my eyes.

In this case the red is "strong" enough but there is still a little tone shift that I can't correct...