Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ricoh AF-2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Ricoh AF-2 Reply with quote

I need to clean and test it. Is it worth keeping, or should I just resell it.
Does anyone have one, or used one?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Ricoh AF-7 for many years. It was a similar camera. I really liked it. It was my first 35mm camera. I found it easy to use and the pictures came out reasonably sharp and well exposed (unless I got a little too "creative"). I also could usually get about 27 pictures on a 24 exposure roll! I can't do that on the Canon Rebel 2000 that replaced my Ricoh.

My friends and family often would comment about how nice the pictures looked which came from this camera. I would still have it except I took it on a bicycle ride once and put it in my saddle bag where it got bounced around a little too much and the plastic body cracked. Test it and see what it can do!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice cam.

Nitto lens?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter, does it take a couple of AA batts? Should be a good shooter, Ricoh
didn't put crap glass in any of their point and shoots, from what I've seen.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAW-prints wrote:
I had a Ricoh AF-7 for many years. It was a similar camera. I really liked it. It was my first 35mm camera. I found it easy to use and the pictures came out reasonably sharp and well exposed (unless I got a little too "creative"). I also could usually get about 27 pictures on a 24 exposure roll! I can't do that on the Canon Rebel 2000 that replaced my Ricoh.

My friends and family often would comment about how nice the pictures looked which came from this camera. I would still have it except I took it on a bicycle ride once and put it in my saddle bag where it got bounced around a little too much and the plastic body cracked. Test it and see what it can do!

Thank You. I was hoping someone had tested one from this series. Smile

I will give it a try and post the results. Might be a liitle while I have a backlog of 15 cameras or so still to test. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Very nice cam.

Nitto lens?

Thank You. This is a one I don't know much about. I'm still reseraching it.
Not bad for $2 tho. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Walter, does it take a couple of AA batts? Should be a good shooter, Ricoh
didn't put crap glass in any of their point and shoots, from what I've seen.

Yes 2 AA batteries. My dad has one of the higher end Ricoh"s. So I'm hoping for good results with this one.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My dad has one of the higher end Ricoh"s

What's considered a high end Ricoh?? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Quote:
My dad has one of the higher end Ricoh"s

What's considered a high end Ricoh?? Laughing

The GR-1 which I want real bad. Very Happy

The one I got my dad is the Ricoh Myport 330 Super. I picked it up recently at a thrift shop in near mint condition for $5
When it came out in 1995 the list price was $600 USD.
Here is a translated link with info on the camera.
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kiwi-us.com%2F%7Emizusawa%2Fpenguin%2FCAMEdata%2Fricoh%2Fmyport330super.html&act=url