Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax lenses on Leica M9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Contax lenses on Leica M9 Reply with quote

Today I received an adapter to mount Contax lenses on Leica M9 camera.
The adapter is of excellent build quality, and feels and looks professional.
I have tried it shortly with two lenses, the Distagon 1.4/35 MMJ and the Planar 1.2/85 AEG.
I have a strange infinity focus issue with the Distagon. Since I use this version on film only, and rarely for landscapes, it is possible that the lens is not collimated perfectly on to infinity and I didn't notice.
The adapter reaches infinity with the Planar 1.2/85, but "just in time", so perhaps it's a double issue, part adapter part Distagon.

Anyway, here's a couple photos. Like I expected, the lenses perform on the M9 with the same excellence as on the Canon SLR.
Focusing by guesstimate is not easy if you're not trained anymore, and I don't have a visual rangefinder yet, so it was a bit of trouble to get an approximate enough focusing.
Here's the samples, resized to a 1600px width. No PP sharpening on output:

Contax Distagon 1.4/35:

Contax Planar 1.2/85:

Contax Planar 1.2/85:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice samples! shows that lens play for more than body