Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Telemar 22A 5.6/200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Telemar 22A 5.6/200 Reply with quote

Samples from this fairly rare lens, (I think another member Helios has one too) taken wide open in av mode on a Samsung GX-10. It's surprisingly light and compact for a Russian lens, about the size of a Tair 11A but lighter. Serial is 000415, so I dont know its age, but it was made by KMZ.

Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes ! I have it , black version (the late) . I like this lens ... I caught it on ibay as an hidden lens with a zenit 12xp + helios.
The global rendition is not so far from the Meyer Telemegor 5,5 /180 mm ...
Very nice pictures, Poolhall. I didn't try this lens on Dslr .. To tell the truth, I didn't take many pics last three years . So a lot of my lenses were never tried on dslr's. Embarassed Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on friend time to start to try them and share your result with us! I look forward them!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great, look like a sharp lens, cat portrait is impressive!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
great, look like a sharp lens, cat portrait is impressive!

+1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A simple contrast improvement can help a lot for these old guys.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is the same exactly as yours Helios!! Black 'A' version looks like a Tair 11A
Nice improvement with the contrast Attila, it looks very good. I don't usually do too much pp if I am posting as a sample, so as people see the shot 'as it is' from the camera, just a little cropping if it is needed, thanks as ever for the comments and suggestions Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
Mine is the same exactly as yours Helios!! Black 'A' version looks like a Tair 11A
Nice improvement with the contrast Attila, it looks very good. I don't usually do too much pp if I am posting as a sample, so as people see the shot 'as it is' from the camera, just a little cropping if it is needed, thanks as ever for the comments and suggestions Very Happy

One of the reason of this forum , perhaps most important reason, to help to survive for these old lenses. Straight from camera has not much meaning in digital world (this means only you did use default camera setting, what can be different on each cams) a better raw conversion or increased contrast in camera body can help a lot. If we would like to save this old guys we should show their best face, what is easy to reach just one click on each picture. If a new comer come and he will see contrast less pictures he never understood why we love this oldies. A well set photo help a lot to get more MF lens lover.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very acceptable images I'd say. Typical of those from FSU lenses.

Now I'm going to let you into a secret. He made an early bid on this lens and regretted it when the confirmation came up that he'd won.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so much regret as amazement Shocked that I wasn't outbid and anyway I did ok for £16.30... Now what was that about the 18 bulbs for brake lights that you got by mistake... Cool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
Now what was that about the 18 bulbs for brake lights that you got by mistake... Cool

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks , Attila . I have a lot of work to do ! At least , more than 50 lenses to test otherway than quick'n dirty .... Schacht, Schneider, Isco,Enna ....Russian , noname japanese ....And this Telemar ! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios wrote:
Many thanks , Attila . I have a lot of work to do ! At least , more than 50 lenses to test otherway than quick'n dirty .... Schacht, Schneider, Isco,Enna ....Russian , noname japanese ....And this Telemar ! Very Happy

Nice to hear !! I wish to see review about them I would like to publish your results , reviews at mflenses.com reviews.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Helios"]Many thanks , Attila . I have a lot of work to do ! At least , more than 50 lenses to test otherway than quick'n dirty .... Schacht, Schneider, Isco,Enna ....Russian , noname japanese ....And this Telemar ! Very Happy[/quote]

You will find that the premium lenses of each brand are good, but by and large most of the average ones are absolute dogs by modern standards. I've had all of them.

The enna 85/1.5 I have is great... the cheaper 50mm, 90mm were dogs.
Most of the Edixa Schneider lenses were mediocre by modern standards, though I liked the 90/3.5 tele-xenar was so nice I kept it.

The telemar is well, OK ... but again, mediocre by modern standards.