Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Converting Praktica-B to M42?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Converting Praktica-B to M42? Reply with quote

Yes, I am aware of the flange-distance issue.

Still, I was wondering, if anyone has converted PB-lenses into M42-mount, or even if that is possible? I just saw a rather inexpensive CZJ 80/1.8 in PB mount on eBay, and started thinking almost as heavily as breathing...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not worth the hassle. Have tried in the past. Besides physically changing the mount, you will have to recalibarate the helicoid for infinity. Not easy.

Go source out a PB/EOS adapter.

Alternativel, remove the aperture flange and mount it upside down a PK camera..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keltzar wrote:
It is not worth the hassle. Have tried in the past. Besides physically changing the mount, you will have to recalibarate the helicoid for infinity. Not easy.

If the infinity focus adjustment is at all similar to M42 mount CZJ lenses, I think it's very easy to do. Meanwhile the mounts on these lenses look problematic to replace; seems like a rather large piece of the lens comes off as one with the mount—do you know if this is the case with the 80mm f/1.8?

keltzar wrote:

Go source out a PB/EOS adapter.

Not very helpful if one is not using an EOS camera… =)

keltzar wrote:

Alternativel, remove the aperture flange and mount it upside down a PK camera..

Interesting; does this really work?