Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Vivitar Series 1 105mm f/2.5 macro lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Vivitar Series 1 105mm f/2.5 macro lens Reply with quote

Probably the sharpest lens I own. Bought new on Ebay for $249 dollars and is the most expensive lens I've bought so far. My Bigma was a Gift.











PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Ed, this is a great lens.


PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spent money for a great lens! Congrats!


PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Lester A Dine macro was a gift from my Father-in-Law when he retired from Dentistry, practicing that is...He helps other Dentists buy & sell their practices now ( & I asked him to keep an eye open for me on any photo gear being sold).....Anyway, all of the different versions are great lenses!...Enjoy !


PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
Congratulations Ed, this is a great lens.

Thank you Voytek. Trader Jim on Ebay was offering these from a camera store that went out of business. I got the last one he was offering.


PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Well spent money for a great lens! Congrats!

Thank you Attila. I agree.


PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
My Lester A Dine macro was a gift from my Father-in-Law when he retired from Dentistry, practicing that is...He helps other Dentists buy & sell their practices now ( & I asked him to keep an eye open for me on any photo gear being sold).....Anyway, all of the different versions are great lenses!...Enjoy !

Thanks Scott. These and the 90mm and the Lester A. Dine's are starting to go way up in price as they become scarce.


PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been lucky to get my Dine, my Komine made 90mm Vivitar macro & my Komine made 135mm Komine made close focus for reasonable prices...Bargains are harder to come by anymore ( I did just get a Super Takumar 55mm F1.8 for $10 yesterday though)


PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very fine lens - I have it and love it. Decent price and well worth it

patrickh


PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
I've been lucky to get my Dine, my Komine made 90mm Vivitar macro & my Komine made 135mm Komine made close focus for reasonable prices...Bargains are harder to come by anymore ( I did just get a Super Takumar 55mm F1.8 for $10 yesterday though)

I've got a 55mm f/1.8 as well Scott. Very sharp little lens. I just need to use it more. Going to have to set up a rotation so all the lens I have get used on a regular basis. LOL


PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
That is a very fine lens - I have it and love it. Decent price and well worth it

patrickh

When I first bought it I thought it was too high priced, but it has proven worth every penny.


PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not only a handsome lense to look at, but it takes great pictures.


PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Its not only a handsome lense to look at, but it takes great pictures.

Thank you very much for that Ron.


PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I got this lens in the mail today. But the distance scale seems to be completely off. I paid $330 w/ shipping for it. It's a good amount of my salary and I want to keep the lens but the distance scale thing is a little bothersome. Does anybody know if it is easy to fix?

T