Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi Pentax Stereo Adapter Set
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Asahi Pentax Stereo Adapter Set Reply with quote

Just arrived this morning with instructions in Japanese!
I haven't tried stereo photography before so am looking forward to giving it a go. Just have to find an intrepreter.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set, and great to have the box and instructions too. It's one of the items on my getting-increasingly-shorter 'would like to have' list Wink

BTW, if you ever feel the need to own a Copipod, let me know - it'd cost very little to post up to you!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool looking piece of equipment. excuse my ignorance, but what does it do?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:

The Adapter, when put on the end of the lens, splits the image into two parts. The image, when processed, is then looked at through the Viewer, giving a cool (at the time at least!!!), stereo optical effect Wink

Check it out by clicking here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
rbelyell wrote:

The Adapter, when put on the end of the lens, splits the image into two parts. The image, when processed, is then looked at through the Viewer, giving a cool (at the time at least!!!), stereo optical effect Wink

Check it out by clicking here.

Couldn't have explained it better myself!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Nice set, and great to have the box and instructions too. It's one of the items on my getting-increasingly-shorter 'would like to have' list Wink

BTW, if you ever feel the need to own a Copipod, let me know - it'd cost very little to post up to you!

Thank you for the offer but I already have one!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mal, much appreciated!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a scan of the instructions in English let me know.

I have managed some nice looking slides with this kit but only works well for things fairly close up, i.e., few meters away. Subjects with some depth work well, and use about f/5.6.

I took some photos of the Alice in Wonderland statue in Central Park, NY, using Kodachrome 64 and this adaptor which worked well. Posting a scan is pretty pointless though!

K.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread, but I just got one like yours (early model that goes over a 49mm diam lens/filter)
It is a very interesting piece of equipment, simple and effective. The effect is OK, not as good as a twin lens camera (Verascope or so) and the result is a half frame picture x2 which placed in the viewer (slide) gave a quasi-3D effect.

Nowadays it can be used to make decent 3D sets with software (StereoPhotoMaker is free) and a DigiCam; in APS a 28 or 35mm lens work better.

Instructions are available in the Butkus site

Images look like this, with a fuzzy center border