Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor AIS 105mm/1.8 samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricl wrote:
Stunning, stunning captures! The best I have seen here for a while. Lovely rendering from this lens and a very skilled photographer, thank you for sharing.

That's a very kind compliment, electricl! Thank you very much!

Best wishes, Ingo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this and the 135/2 (plus the 105/2.5 and 135/2.Cool. My experience is that these are all superb lenses, and each has a different character. The two faster lenses are really substantial pieces of glass - short and fat. The other two are much smaller and lighter. OOF on the 2.5 is magnificent - creamy like the 85/1.4. All are really sharp by two stops down even if not quite so sharp wide open (although I think mine are actually very sharp wide open as well and these samples confirm that for the 1.Cool. Gems all 4.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an old one, I took with the lens mounted to a D1x. Don't know at which aperture, because the D1x didn't record Exif of manual lenses. But the picture shows the lens' abilities to shoot into very bright light.

Ingo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the full frame, it shows all its potential, a great lens for a great shot.
Greetings

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the seagull! Great lens. I used to own one (used it for portraits).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remarkable shots! I must add this to my to-get -list too Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seagull with blue sky , best shoot what I seen from flying birds, amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

larsr wrote:
Remarkable shots! I must add this to my to-get -list too Smile

+1 Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was once offered a mint copy of this lens with a bargain price. What i don't remember was the reason not to take the lens even for a small test. You learn something ever day. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really impressive pictures. Seems to be a very good lens in the hands of a skilled photographer.

I almost bought the 105/1.8 a while ago but passed on it since it got a bit expensive and I have the 105/2.5 as well.
I probably would have reasoned a bit differently if I had seen your pictures.
The 2.5 is also a very good lens though.