Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A crazy sharp Schneider frankenlens.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:23 am    Post subject: A crazy sharp Schneider frankenlens. Reply with quote

I ended up with the front element only of the Schneider Tele-Arton 180mm 5.6. Well Schneider used many of the same threads for enlarger lenses I though I might be able to get a frankenlens together with minimal effort. Looking through my kit I noticed right off that I had a few lenses with the proper threads for the element. A Componon-S 100mm 5.6 was one of the first I tried. By happenstance the front filter threads of the Tele Arton mounted in a 40.5 to 52 mm reverse ring I had for a different project. The front element of the 100mm 5.6 was then threaded into the other end of the enlarger barrel. After trying front and back of several other lenses I decided this was the best. The Tele Arton front element is reversed and being used as the back element. The Componon is being used via front element as objective. Usual stack of helicoid adapters. sample. Resized and contrast boost. No sharpening.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Any picture of the end product?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I have to look a bit more into Schneider optics.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now a few shots at macro:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: A crazy sharp Schneider frankenlens. Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I ended up with the front element only of the Schneider Tele-Arton 180mm 5.6. Well Schneider used many of the same threads for enlarger lenses I though I might be able to get a frankenlens together with minimal effort. Looking through my kit I noticed right off that I had a few lenses with the proper threads for the element. A Componon-S 100mm 5.6 was one of the first I tried. By happenstance the front filter threads of the Tele Arton mounted in a 40.5 to 52 mm reverse ring I had for a different project. The front element of the 100mm 5.6 was then threaded into the other end of the enlarger barrel. After trying front and back of several other lenses I decided this was the best. The Tele Arton front element is reversed and being used as the back element. The Componon is being used via front element as objective. Usual stack of helicoid adapters.

🤯 This is amazing work! Friends