Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris_Akunin wrote:
Gardener wrote:
Mint-looking Bokina which had some haze and therefore sold as parts. $21 + about an hour of work.

You lucky bastard! What mount is it?

Yeah, I know - when I saw it I did a double take to make sure I am seeing what I am seeing. It is in less desirable FD - less desirable in a sense that I can't run it head to head with my 100L.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sold one on Ebay. With the converter and case for $195. It was also FD.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOPCON

SUPER DM
RE SUPER
Auto Winder-S
#1, #3 and #7 focusing screens
Hot Shoe

RE GN TOPCOR M 1,4/50 w/ Hood, caps, reverse ring and polarizer
RE Auto-Topcor 3,5/25 a Complete Set with Caps, Hood, Case and Filters
RE Auto-Topcor 5,6/200 w/Caps and Case

2 flashes, a large aluminium case and other bits and pieces.

US$279

all will go for sale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rybolt wrote:
I just sold one on Ebay. With the converter and case for $195. It was also FD.

Yeah, with the rising popularity of mirrorless, FD is less of an issue now.

And, Gardener, because of this, an option for you, I think, would be to sell your FD mount copy and buy one -- if you can find it, that is -- in the mount you prefer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot more than that needs to be sold - wife says I need to replace my car, so at least a hundred lenses will have to go. Well, may be less - I just saw a K1000 sell on ebay for $190 in under an hour, and I have quite a few of those.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
A lot more than that needs to be sold - wife says I need to replace my car, so at least a hundred lenses will have to go.

Can't wait to see the list !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
Gardener wrote:
A lot more than that needs to be sold - wife says I need to replace my car, so at least a hundred lenses will have to go.

Can't wait to see the list !

It's not going to be like that - I have a bunch of lower-end stuff that came with kits and that will go first. For example, I apparently accumulated over 10 K1000's and AE-1P's each.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a new orphan today.
It is like mint and functioning as a dream.
I got it for 130€ and it came with a 28-80mm used as cap for free.
This is an awesome camera : the Canon EOS 1N RS. I think it's quite rare.
I'm happy. Having a 5D MkII, all my EF lenses will mount.

A beauty, huge and heavy but fantastic feeling. Very Happy

This Canon EOS 1N RS has been produced in June 1999.
The RS has a very special feature : a fixed mirror, semi translucent, which gives it the ability to shoot 10 fps / second (a roll of film in less than 4 seconds...) That made it a fantastic camera for sports.
What interests me most is its very fast response delay when shooting the trigger.

Pictures from internet :

Here it is with his new pal... the Nikon F4S, also a wonderful pro film camera. It lived more roughly but, built like a tank, it still works very well.
Very Happy

Last edited by Olivier on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Does the RS have a fixed pellicle mirror?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Michael.
And this allows it to shoot 10 fps. I think it's the faster camera.

What Canon Museum says about it :

Marketed in March 1995
Original Price : 320,000 yen (body)

The world’s fastest AF SLR camera with a continuous shooting speed of 10 fps at the time. Based on the EOS-1N, the EOS-1N RS has a fixed, semi-transparent pellicle mirror with a hard coat. The shutter release is completed in 0.006 sec.

The focal-plane shutter has vertical-travel carbon and metal curtains (double blinds). The first and second curtains are controlled independently. All shutter speeds are controlled electronically. The RS (CH) film advance mode attains 10 fps shooting speed, and the RS (CL) mode reaches 3 fps. In the One-Shot AF and manual modes, the continuous shooting speed is 6 fps and 3 fps respectively. Other specifications are identical to the EOS-1N’s.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The F4s was my favourite camera. Ever. If it could be replaced with a digital version I'd be all over it like a rash. A totally fantastic, user friendly and we'll thought out beast.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the F4s too -- a lot. But I found it a highly frustrating camera to use when I took it to an airshow a while back. It wanted to focus on everything but the aircraft flying by. Its AF sensor array is not very sophisticated, and it just wasn't up to the task.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest bargain must be my new lovely Icelandic girlfriend, for free...
The downside is less time for spending time with my old lenses Wink

http://iloapp.new4m.com/data/_gallery/public/297/148330969223925100_resized.jpg

(She is still a little shy as a model)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

Congratulations!
Sorry, not free though. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Lars. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, thank you guys Wink
Free, no... Air tickets, dinners, flowers etc. are not free Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Ahh, thank you guys Wink

and I'm sure she deserves it. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Nordentro wrote:
Ahh, thank you guys Wink

and I'm sure she deserves it. Wink

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think todays purchase might just qualify for this thread Smile

I spotted at small camera bag for sale at Lunchtime, looked inside to find a Practika MTL5, CZJ Tessar 50/2.8, CZJ Flektagon MC 35/2.4 & CZJ MC 135/3.5 all as far as I can see in excellent condition.

Total price £10. When I payed up they recommended I hang on to my receipt in case it had to be returned - FAT CHANCE! It still feels like I've stolen it checking e-bay (sold) suggests the going rate would be ~£200+ for the flektagon alone.
Happy Cat

Last edited by DConvert on Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stumbled upon an Arriflex mount Schneider Krueznach Xenon 25mm f/1.5 16mm format lens for $5. It renders beautifully on my Fuji TX-2/X-Pro2 but unfortunately it doesn't cover the full frame and has heavy vignetting. Not sure if I'm going to pass it along for a profit or keep it and use it.

Here's a sample from it. JPG processed in camera Classic Chrome.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

Congratulations Lars, great it worked out!! Know what, I would let go all all that dead glass with a snap of
fingers for the right girl!! But I don't have to, luckily enough I found mine long ago already Wink
Happy for you!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a thread about my Contax find on eBay -- a 139 Quartz, my first Contax. What made it a bargain was the lens attached to it -- a Tamron 17mm macro. I won the outfit for 112 Euros (it was in France -- on the way here now), and I do think that was a very good price.

I already own a Tamron 17mm identical to the lens in the listing so I'll be selling one of them. The result will be a decent little profit and a free Contax camera -- plus I'll have a Contax adaptall-2 mount, so I'll have some lenses I can use with it until I can afford some of those expensive T* lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael. Smile

Your post makes me feel that I made a bargain too buying a Contax 137 MD Quartz. My first Contax either.

I got it in a bag with : a Carl Zeiss Planar 1.7/50mm T* with pouch, rear and front caps, a Sigma 4-5.6/75-300mm DL with pouch and caps, 3 Cokin filters.

All that for 80€.

I replaced light seals, changed the leatherette, put batteries in it and it works finely.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: what are the biggest bargains you have found? Reply with quote

seta666 wrote:
I know that some years ago you could find very good deals, but now prices seem to have gone crazy, especially with anything with zeiss or SMC written on it
In my case these would be:
-Tamron SP 90 2.5 macro with OM, FD and C/Y adapters, near mint condition 16� on a local cash converters few months ago.
- Fujinon W EBC 35mm 2.8 with hood, quite beaten up on the outside but lenses OK, 5� on a local market some months ago too

And also very good deals, my yashicas MLs, from 35� (28mm, 50mm 1.7) to 150�(24mm), tokina 17mm 65�, mint Mir-20 150�, 3 leitz summars for 150�, etc....

Now tell me about your findings and make me cry Wink

Two Questar 7 telescope tubes, focal length 2700mm each. New cost? $13,500/ea. Surplus cost? $1000 for both.