Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not a huge bargain, but I just received a Nikkormat FTN with a Nikkor S 50mm f1.4 lens for $49. Both are in great shape. The lens shows minimal wear on the barrel and the glass is pristine. The lens is all I really wanted; I'll resell the FTN for a few bucks, making the lens a pretty good deal.

I took some test shots with the lens today and I'm extremely pleased with the quality of the images. These are straight from the camera without any sharpening. The only adjustment was a slight one to exposure. Sony A7II 1000/sec, f8, ISO 100.

100MSDCF-020 by Scott Poupard

100% Crop
100MSDCF-020_1 by Scott Poupard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Tokina 35-70mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Just picked one up on Ebay for £20! Great performer. The AF version is multiple hundreds of pounds!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just scored an Edixa + Isco Iscolor, Westron, and Tele-Westanar off ebay for $62. $20 per lens, with a broken Edixa SLR thrown in. Not bad. I can use the camera to repair my other Edixas maybe.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a Edixa Mat with owner's manual, prism and glass viewfinder
+ Yashica 1.7/50mm
+ zebra Enna 2.8/90mm
+ zebra Enna 4.5/240mm
+ extension tubes
+ lightmeter
for 45,50€. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

45€

Laugh 1

Last edited by !Karen on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

are you keeping the body btw?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch Karen ! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not a bargain, but in terms of IQ it certainly is:
a Kodak Printing Ektar f2.8/103mm with rare adjustable iris

I have the f3.8/89mm version and its performance is stunning,
and expect no less from this faster (f2.8 !!) one...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157627960653158

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Congrats

Sounds promising for new stunning pictures of flowers!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Congrats

Sounds promising for new stunning pictures of flowers!

absolutely!! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog

Nice going Klaus! The album shows stunning results. Looking forward to shots from the new lens.

And a great bargain !Karen, a 55mm f/1.1.2, wow!

Nothing as exciting... but did pick up:

Promaster Spectrum 7 28mm f/2.8 for Canon FD: $8.49 shipped. (A rebadged Sigma Mini-Wide II 28mm f/2.8. )

Next, a Vivitar macro focusing 2x teleconverter for Canon FD mount: $2 USD
Seller threw in a Yashinon DS 50mm f/2 for $2 as well.

Mamiya/Sekor SX 200mm f/3.5 telephoto: free (the front barrel is slightly loose from the focusing ring. Thus affecting the aperture as well as focus.)
Mamiya/Sekor Auto 50mm f/1.8 prime: free
Canon nFD 135mm f/3.5 : free (because the front rim has a dent. But the rest of the lens functions.)

If anyone here knows how to disassemble the Vivitar macro focusing teleconverter, please let me know. There is a few spots I'd like to clean up on an interior element. Doesn't seem to be accessed from the rear.

Same goes for the Mamiya SX telephoto. It's not obvious how this one is disassembled. Would love to tighten it back up. The rest of the lens looks near new.

Last edited by WNG555 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early Nikkormat with the classical Nikkor-H 1:2 50mm, in excellent condition for CHF/USD 15.-- Wink

Stephan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Shocked

Yes, been looking for an EF body for a while as well ^_^
I hope it works haha. Usually the electronic part is dead.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:
Shocked

Nor always. I have two EFs that I assumed had dead electronics because I was loading them with 675 hearing aid batteries. The 675s have a smaller diameter than the old PX625s did. Nothing wrong with the batteries, it's just that, in a departure from the way the + voltage is picked up on cameras such as the FTb and old F-1, which also used the old 1.35v mercury batteries, the EF picks up the + voltage from the side of the battery compartment instead of the battery cover. Once I found this out, I shimmed the 675s with aluminum foil so that they would make contact with the sides of the battery compartments and, what do you know? Both the EFs electronics worked just fine. If you've loaded your EF with a pair of the 1.5v 625s, well, never mind. But I just thought I'd mention this in case someone was trying to power their EFs the same way I have been.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
!Karen wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:
Shocked

Nor always. I have two EFs that I assumed had dead electronics because I was loading them with 675 hearing aid batteries. The 675s have a smaller diameter than the old PX625s did. Nothing wrong with the batteries, it's just that, in a departure from the way the + voltage is picked up on cameras such as the FTb and old F-1, which also used the old 1.35v mercury batteries, the EF picks up the + voltage from the side of the battery compartment instead of the battery cover. Once I found this out, I shimmed the 675s with aluminum foil so that they would make contact with the sides of the battery compartments and, what do you know? Both the EFs electronics worked just fine. If you've loaded your EF with a pair of the 1.5v 625s, well, never mind. But I just thought I'd mention this in case someone was trying to power their EFs the same way I have been.
ooooooooooooooooh Surprised thank you! This is good to know. I have been filling up the compartments with cardboard. BRB I need to go save my other EF body from the 'to sell in yard sale' box Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Michael for the tip.
I'm going to retry some of my gear... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In local market I bought Pentacon Six in leather case. With CZJ Biometar 2.8/80 red MC version plus original hood, plus prism and waist level finder. All in mint condition.
The set cost me $100.

Then sold the body with prism, waist level finder and case for $160.
MC Biometar brings me big joy Tuzki with lens

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that those huge 2000mm F7-8 lenses for a missile tracking devise could cost Americans the price of a home when new back in 1960-70's. I bought the Chinese version for about USD 150 IIRC some 10 years ago, and never saw another one offered for sale again. So the Chinese one is much rarer I guess. I never used it to take pictures for its weight, but it is a very sharp telescope nevertheless. The price I paid was not enough even for the scrap metal of about 30-40 kilograms iMHO. The vintage Chinese rangefinder camera was sitting on the lens cap to give you an idea of it size.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
I heard that those huge 2000mm F7-8 lenses for a missile tracking devise could cost Americans the price of a home when new back in 1960-70's. I bought the Chinese version for about USD 150 IIRC some 10 years ago, and never saw another one offered for sale again. So the Chinese one is much rarer I guess. I never used it to take pictures for its weight, but it is a very sharp telescope nevertheless. The price I paid was not enough even for the scrap metal of about 30-40 kilograms iMHO. The vintage Chinese rangefinder camera was sitting on the lens cap to give you an idea of it size.

wow very big and heavy lens. what did you do with it since 10 years ? you need this to use it : Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My latest toy is a Minolta MC W Rokkor 28mm f2.8 lens that is converted to click less apperture for $1 usd.
Getting hard to find Minolta lenses for a dollar.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebbm wrote:
kievuser wrote:

wow very big and heavy lens. what did you do with it since 10 years ? you need this to use it : Wink

That is what I need now, but I handled it with my arms 10 years ago! It is about the same weight as that of a bottle of liquid nature gas. Perhaps some people in Beijing still have to change a gas bottle in a gas station ? I can shoot some wild cats, birds, or even insects on the roofs, or branches of trees with this lens if I like, So it is not a total waste.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest bargain du jour, is something modern but manual focus!

I managed to win a New Open box Samyang 12mm f/2.8 Fish-Eye for Sony E-mount full-frame, for $46 shipped.
It sells for ~$450 USD. It's a stereographic fish-eye, wider view and fills the entire frame.

Pictured next to it is the Promaster Spectrum 7 28mm f/2.8 that arrived this weekend. To my surprise, this re-badged Sigma Mini-Wide II is a 6 elements in 6 groups design. Assumed it was a 7 in 7.

sOMETHING nEW aND sOMETHING oLD by wNG 555, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNG555 wrote:
My biggest bargain du jour, is something modern but manual focus!

I managed to win a New Open box Samyang 12mm f/2.8 Fish-Eye for Sony E-mount full-frame, for $46 shipped.
It sells for ~$450 USD. It's a stereographic fish-eye, wider view and fills the entire frame.

Pictured next to it is the Promaster Spectrum 7 28mm f/2.8 that arrived this weekend. To my surprise, this re-badged Sigma Mini-Wide II is a 6 elements in 6 groups design. Assumed it was a 7 in 7.

sOMETHING nEW aND sOMETHING oLD by wNG 555, on Flickr

wow nice catch
strange to get a low price like this for a new lens

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebbm wrote:
strange to get a low price like this for a new lens

Every once in a while someone will post them as "does not work, AF broken".

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

olympus zuiko om 100mm f2.8 + 35mm f2.8 for 50e !

the 100mm have the focus ring jiggling. anyone know how to fix it ?