Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Creepy Carvings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Creepy Carvings Reply with quote

We were filming a TV commercial at a place called Adare Manor, over in the South-West of the country, last Summer and I was going back through the stills from the shoot earlier when I found these shots.

In the Banqueting Hall, there are some really amazing pieces of very old, hand-carved wooden furniture. While looking around, I noticed that a lot of them had figures carved into/onto them, and decided to take some shots.

I think some of the expressions are quite creepy, but the work that went into them was impressive - check out the reflection in the mermaid's mirror for example Wink

Canon EOS 5D with Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 T* MMJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series, they are presented very well. I like sharpness, bokeh..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words Attila.

Two quick shots of the house itself, although 'house' is not a sufficiently grand word to describe it!

First, another bokeh shot Wink

Canon EOS 5D with Asahi Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1.8/85

Then, something approaching a 'regular' shot!

Canon EOS 5D with Yashica ML 2.8/24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a really amazing place , perfect subject for outdoor panos and for slide ?! Wink Go ahead try some Provia ..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Looks a really amazing place , perfect subject for outdoor panos and for slide ?! Wink Go ahead try some Provia ..

It's pretty amazing indeed - but about a 2 hour drive from Dublin which makes it slightly inconvenient given the unpredictable weather here!!!

Have already ordered some Provia 100F from a camera store near my office; am off trekking and (gentle) climbing in Snowdonia (North Wales) from Thursday to Sunday and wanted it to try in the chrome ESII recently received from Peter Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Attila wrote:

It's pretty amazing indeed - but about a 2 hour drive from Dublin which makes it slightly inconvenient given the unpredictable weather here!!!

Have already ordered some Provia 100F from a camera store near my office; am off trekking and (gentle) climbing in Snowdonia (North Wales) from Thursday to Sunday and wanted it to try in the chrome ESII recently received from Peter Wink

Oh I see I have same trouble with Venice Italy , distance about 600km and not easy to catch good whether over there.