Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SpeedGraphic closed; Novoflex now has it's own UK web store
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:12 pm    Post subject: SpeedGraphic closed; Novoflex now has it's own UK web store Reply with quote

I just found out that Speedgraphic has closed its business Sad

They were the main (only?) distributor of Novoflex gear in the UK, but Novoflex now has its own web store for the UK:

https://novoflex.co.uk/

Their product range is significantly more limited that what they offered through Spreedgraphic; e.g. all of the table & mini-tripod accessories are now only available from their German website. I suspect they have limited their range to what was selling in worth-while numbers in the UK; their mini-tripod range is very good and I use it frequently, but to say it is expensive would be an understatement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use their adapter m42/Sony E and it works great! I hope they aren't going out of business.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax mr tibbs! Smile

It is only the UK distributor Speedgraphic that have gone out of business.

The German firm NOVOFLEX are doing fine AFAIK; it is premium quality German stuff and there always seems to be a market for that even during economic downturns.

I have several Minolta SR/SONY NEX adapters and of all the ones I have and/or have tried only the NOVOFLEX (German design & manufacture) and RAYQUAL (Japanese design & manufacture) were spot-on in register as delivered out-of-the-factory, and of superb engineering.
FOTODIOX (US design, Chinese manufacture) are in third rank, but their quality control & care of assembly is very sketchy in my experience.
To my mind that makes NOVOFLEX and RAYQUAL value-for-money despite their apparent high price, and FOTODIOX overpriced despite being significantly cheaper.