Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Giving the 200mm super Takumar a try (added some pictures)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Giving the 200mm super Takumar a try (added some pictures) Reply with quote

I've had this over a year but couldn't use it until now with the messed up back and torn rotator cuff.

I put my favorite adapter on, the programmable one, and set everything the way I wanted then micro adjusted it on the 5DMII.

Dudley having a nap attack.

The pests, shot through a window, through the deck railing and walking away pretty fast. I didn't know their was a whole flock of them until I steped out doors later.

This is a giant crop of one of the doves that is here everyday. If I could have got closer I think it would have been a nice picture.

Last edited by Schnauzer on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Giving the 200mm super Takumar a try Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
I've had this over a year but couldn't use it until now with the messed up back and torn rotator cuff.

I put my favorite adapter on, the programmable one, and set everything the way I wanted then micro adjusted it on the 5DMII.

Dudley having a nap attack.

The pests, shot through a window, through the deck railing and walking away pretty fast. I didn't know their was a whole flock of them until I steped out doors later.

This is a giant crop of one of the doves that is here everyday. If I could have got closer I think it would have been a nice picture.

Nice shots, especially the first. I have both the 5DMK2 and the 200mm Super Takumar but have not yet used them together. After seeing yours shots I must give it a go soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron are those pests Turkeys? or Turkeys pests? I have some Super-Takumars I need to take out and use more often . I love the image of your dog napping on the sofa- whats the close focusing distance on your 200mm?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great result Ron!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

The pictures weren't really ment to be anything special. I had just got done doing my adjustments and noticed Dudley taking a nap, so I took a shot. I was just taking the camera off the tripod when I noticed the turkey out the window, so I took a shot at her. Then I checked how close I had the focus set by taking a shot quite a ways away of the dove.

Close focus is just over 8 feet. I call the turkeys pests because they will even come up on our deck that we really enjoy and $hit.

You might see anything in my yard. And I have a lot more. Most of these were taken last year. I didn't write down which lenses were used, but I have really getting into the M/F lenses in the last couple of years. I post very few of the pictures I take.

I need to go back and redo the Tom turkey. The white balance is off but this shows you what I have to put up with in my yard.

I have had moose eating grass right up against the foundation of my house. One did $1700.00 damage to my wifes car rubbing on it. Damn thing bent the side in and even tore the mirror off.
I didn't quite nail the focus on these.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Thanks guys.

The pictures weren't really ment to be anything special. I had just got done doing my adjustments and noticed Dudley taking a nap, so I took a shot. I was just taking the camera off the tripod when I noticed the turkey out the window, so I took a shot at her. Then I checked how close I had the focus set by taking a shot quite a ways away of the dove.

Close focus is just over 8 feet. I call the turkeys pests because they will even come up on our deck that we really enjoy and $hit.

You might see anything in my yard. And I have a lot more. Most of these were taken last year. I didn't write down which lenses were used, but I have really getting into the M/F lenses in the last couple of years. I post very few of the pictures I take.

I need to go back and redo the Tom turkey. The white balance is off but this shows you what I have to put up with in my yard.

I have had moose eating grass right up against the foundation of my house. One did $1700.00 damage to my wifes car rubbing on it. Damn thing bent the side in and even tore the mirror off.
I didn't quite nail the focus on these.

The squirrel shot is excellent!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky you on the wildlife...not the damage they do of course Rolling Eyes That first moose shot is amazing.Are the turkeys territorial could the male attack you or the family?The red and blue on it's head are stunning.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, now we're talking! The second set of shots are really good!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shots, the Turkeys look very bold. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. The bird feeder is just inches from the window. I have to set the camera up on a tripod, close the drapes around it and leave it sitting there for a hour or so, then I can take pictures without it scaring the birds.

I should have fixed the white balance on the turkey shot before I showed it.

Quote:
Are the turkeys territorial could the male attack you or the family?

No they will run or fly if your are real close. When you scare one of them they will fly almost straight up before the level off.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos.

But even moreso, what a wonderful place to live! I would love to have so much wildlife in my yard (even though it might sometimes be problematic).