Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to Fix Asahi Camera Light Meter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: How to Fix Asahi Camera Light Meter Reply with quote

Asahi Pentax is one of the famous brand camera from Japan beside Nikon, Canon, and Minolta. Great built in body and its looks like samurai warrior from Japan. But nowadays I often found Asahi Pentax camera in junk store or second hand camera store in dead light meter condition. Several conditions might be caused the light meter doesn’t work such as : due its age, copper wire inside light meter is coated by rush, broken copper wire etc. If you are analog lover is so sad to facing this condition. After several experiments I found some way to fix and bring the light meter back to normal. This method Couldn't fix your light meter if the copper wire inside the light meter is broken.

What equipment you may need?

1. Single battery which has capacity 1.5Volt
2. wires
3. Tape
4. Scissor

Step by step

1.Open battery cap chamber in bottom plate of you camera.

2.After that you will find 2 contact surfaces. One is for negative pole, and second one is for positive pole.

3. Take your battery and install the wire in both side pole of you battery using tape.

4. Before you apply to using battery and wire please make sure you light meter switch is on position.

5.This is the IMPORTANT step you should pay attention. After you install the wire with battery now get ready for this part. Take the wire from positive pole from you battery put it on bottom plate(near by the hole) and take the wire form negative pole and RUBBING in surface area inside battery chamber, DO NOT Allowed the wire contact for long time to avoid overload circuit.

6. Be careful do not MISPLACED between positive pole and negative pole. Because this camera using DC circuit, to avoid short circuit.

7. And after those steps are applied install small battery (watch battery or LR44 battery) and check your light meter. Hope it becoming normal and work properly.

Best Regards, Marlon

NOTE : You applied this method with your OWN RISK.

Last edited by Marlon Managi on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: How to Fix Asahi Camera Light Meter Reply with quote

Hi Marlon Managi, welcome to the forum!

You can't post photos or links in your first post - an antispam measure. You'll be ok from now on.

Marlon Managi wrote:
Asahi Pentax is one of the famous brand camera from Japan beside Nikon, Canon, and Minolta. Great built in body and its looks like samurai warrior from Japan. But nowadays I often found Asahi Pentax camera in junk store or second hand camera store in dead light meter condition. Several conditions might be caused the light meter doesn’t work such as : due its age, copper wire inside light meter is coated by rush, broken copper wire etc. If you are analog lover is so sad to facing this condition. After several experiments I found some way to fix and bring the light meter back to normal. This method Couldn't fix your light meter if the copper wire inside the light meter is broken.

2. wires
3. Tape
4. Scissor

Step by step

2.After that you will find 2 contact surfaces. One is for negative pole, and second one is for positive pole.

3. Take your battery and install the wire in both side pole of you battery using tape.

4. Before you apply to using battery and wire please make sure you light meter switch is on position.

5.This is the IMPORTANT step you should pay attention. After you install the wire with battery now get ready for this part. Take the wire from positive pole from you battery put it on bottom plate(near by the hole) and take the wire form negative pole and RUBBING in surface area inside battery chamber, DO NOT Allowed the wire contact for long time to avoid overload circuit.

6. Be careful do not MISPLACED between positive pole and negate pole. Because this camera using DC circuit, to avoid short circuit.

7. And after those steps are applied install small battery (watch battery or LR44 battery) and check your light meter. Hope it becoming normal and work properly.

Best Regards, Marlon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome here Marlon, and thank you very much for your very interesting and helpful post!
may many Spoty lightmeters be kicked to life!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: How to Fix Asahi Camera Light Meter Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Hi Marlon Managi, welcome to the forum!

You can't post photos or links in your first post - an antispam measure. You'll be ok from now on.

Marlon Managi wrote:

2. wires
3. Tape
4. Scissor

Step by step

6. Be careful do not MISPLACED between positive pole and negate pole. Because this camera using DC circuit, to avoid short circuit.

Best Regards, Marlon

Wow many thx buddy glad to hear that. Very Happy thx for appreciated my thread Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
welcome here Marlon, and thank you very much for your very interesting and helpful post!
may many Spoty lightmeters be kicked to life!

Thx buddy. I tried this trick for several times and its work bring my asahi takumar light meter back to work. Thx for visiting my thread Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea. I wonder how it works and if it would work with other cameras.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Interesting idea. I wonder how it works and if it would work with other cameras.

I had tried it on Minolta SRT 101 which is the light meter isn't work and when i use this technique for "electric shocking"

and the metering is work now Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlon Managi wrote:
philslizzy wrote:

I had tried it on Minolta SRT 101 which is the light meter isn't work and when i use this technique for "electric shocking"

Minolta SRT101 was the very camera I had in mind!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Marlon Managi wrote:
philslizzy wrote:

Minolta SRT101 was the very camera I had in mind!

This is my minolta SRT buddy Very Happy

Great camera also

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome !!

Just to let you know it worked on my alpa 9D, now the meter is back to life and to my surprise seems to be very accurate.

Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit confused here.. you are just passing a broken current to the meter in effort to "re-boot it" ??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard about flashing a higher voltage across some electrical / electronic devices to resurrect them before. My guess is - it's a kill or cure technique.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps its the higher amperage, The circuit in the camera can deal with 1.5 volts easy enough. I've got to give it a go!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inombrable wrote:
Awesome !!

Just to let you know it worked on my alpa 9D, now the meter is back to life and to my surprise seems to be very accurate.

Thanks a lot.

Wow glad to hear that. you made it Very Happy congrats. then now play around with your analog camera Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
I'm a bit confused here.. you are just passing a broken current to the meter in effort to "re-boot it" ??

Definitely yes bro. That's what i mean "Electrical shocking" Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlon Managi wrote:
...then now play around with your analog camera Very Happy

'analog' grrr...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Perhaps its the higher amperage, The circuit in the camera can deal with 1.5 volts easy enough. I've got to give it a go!

Okay then let me know if you already fix it Very Happy