Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor-H 2.0/50...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Nikkor-H 2.0/50... Reply with quote

Hi!

I just won a Nikkor-H 2.0/50 for Euro 6,-! Very Happy
Now, I cross my fingers that this lens is really in good condition.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky you ! This is a shame sell this such a good lens for this amount.Congratulation!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens arrived today. That was really quick! I will add this seller to my favs.
Lens is much better than described, just some minor colour loss at the front barrel, glass is pristine, aperture works perfectly and focus ring is easily turning (even a little too easy for my personal taste, but it doesn't turn by itself Wink).

So, really a bargain! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 Euros for a Nik lens!!!! You are very lucky Carsten.

Usually you can get only a front cap for this price. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are stupid really , this lens one the sharpest Nikkor lens a diamond really and sold for 6 EUR!!! Congratulation mate!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great LucisPictor ! One more for your category I Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Great LucisPictor ! One more for your category I Wink

Yes! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, this is a good lens!!

Look at these (small) examples:

100% crop

No pp! Shot this evening...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you one of the sharpest or not the sharpest Nikkor lens and the most underrated too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sharp and a very pleasant bokeh - some rare combination!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the 2/50 is an excellent lens. I couldn't keep my copy because I had too many 50mm Nikkors. But surely it's a keeper.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
...But surely it's a keeper.

Especially for € 6,-! Wink Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what Mike Johnston wrote (in his essay The Empirical Photographer) about this lens:

Getting lost in the haze of the passing years is a truth that only grizzled old Nikon vets remember any more: that this was one of the sharpest and best lenses in Nikon's history, a paragon in every way. It's a tough little billet of metal with a reassuring solidity; its recessed front element is well protected even without a lens shade, and you can take comfort in knowing the lens will take some hard knocks and continue to serve faithfully. It's razor sharp like the new lens, sometimes seeming to exaggerate edge effects to the point of unnaturalness; it's very contrasty at wider apertures, with that almost 3D look so many photographers crave; yet it's not harsh tonally as the newer lenses (take the same picture with the old and the new lens side-by-side and you'll see what I mean by this). As a bonus, its closeup performance is particularly good -- slap it on a bellows, and voil?, it's a macro lens.

Not bad for a 6 euros lens! I paid quite more for my multicoated HC copy but I consider it a bargain anyway.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten,
If you want a backup copy going really cheap, check out this and do the
BIN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-NIKKOR-50mm-f2-lens-JAPAN-MINT_W0QQitemZ300156253765QQihZ020QQcategoryZ107925QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wuh-hahahahaha!

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Abbazz! Sounds good.

Bill, thanks for the link. This price is incredible! I guess I will take it, I mean, you get a "Fort Knox" package with it. Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing