Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

here is a forum contest idea:
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: here is a forum contest idea: Reply with quote

every participant buys a fuji outdoors throwaway/one-time use camera. they cost $3.94 here in alabama at wal-mart. they hold 27 frames. each participant enters a single image, to be judged by members, or a committee chosen by members. whatcha think?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often these competitions have a time frame, like from 12 am to 12 pm local time. Nice idea!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea!
But we need to make sure that as many members as possible can get one of those cams.
And since film developing takes two days (!) for my local lab, the time span should be at least a week or so.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is, they are wedding gear here and as you know wedding people tend to pay astronomical sums for most idiotic stuff, so they are pretty expensive still. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, great idea. I'll take part for sure.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are about $12-15 here but worth it for a game like this.Maybe 5-9 days for developing though Sad Have to send out of town.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would post-processing be allowed? Question

How about modifying the cameras? Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would post-processing be allowed? Question

How about modifying the cameras? Very Happy

You a not a closet MacGyver are you?? Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it looks like we might be getting sufficient interest. perhaps it might be best to set a purchase deadline. then when that is over, we derive the list of participants. then we set the photo date and the publication date with sufficient development time for everyone. i would suggest 24 hours rather than 12, local time, for the shoot date. i would think no modifications to the camera itself. that leaves a lot of options, still.
what say ye? any other ideas?