Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fotodiox - massive dissapointment
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Fotodiox - massive dissapointment Reply with quote

Avoid Fotodiox like the plague.
I was looking for a Mamiya 645 to Canon EOS adapter ring and I stumbled upon an auction on ebay: Fotodiox Pro Lens Adapter Mamiya 645 to Canon EOS. Damn, pompous name: Fotodiox Pro.
I jumped on it and won the auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391205622020?_trksid=p2060353.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

For $17,68, while Fotodiox is selling the same adapter on a separate site for $49.95

https://www.fotodioxpro.com/lens-mount-adapters/mamiya-645-to-canon-eos-camera-fotodiox-pro-lens-mount-adapter.html

5 minutes later I receive an email from ebay saying that Fotodiox cancelled the order.
I sent an email asking why: not enough money, item lost, item dropped on the floor and broken Shocked
The answer: item was not supposed to be listed. Are you kidding me? Somebody took the time to take 4 pictures on that damn adapter, another 10 minutes to list it on ebay, and now you're telling me that item was not supposed to be listed.
So, once again, avoid Fotodiox like the plague.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Fotodiox Tough E Mount for my Sony A6000, but I bought it through Amazon as it was cheaper, including delivery from USA to UK. The mount arrived within 10 days, and was despatched from Fotodiox - not Amazon.
I think Fotodiox are discouraging people buying direct, possibly they aren't geared up for direct sales and it's easier to let Amazon do it?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought direct from Fotodiox before, and it was a hassle-free transaction. Got what I wanted at the price they advertized it for.

It's worth noting that, in the above mentioned auction, the seller's name is fotodiox_clearance. What probably happened was the adapter wasn't supposed to be marked "clearance" and somebody at Fotodiox realized the mistake. But the auction was concluded and you won. It seems to me that an auction contract works both ways. It's a commitment to sell as well as to buy. If you're unhappy about it, take it up with eBay and have them lean on Fotodiox for you.

I had this happen once to me on a lens I bid on. I was the successful bidder, got the lens for a great price, but the seller suddenly refunded my money and said the lens was no longer available. I was kinda pissed and wrote her back, asking what was going on, but she never replied. I figured somebody she knew let her know that she sold that lens for way too cheap, so she got greedy and refunded my money. At the time, it didn't occur to me to get eBay involved.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fotodiox_clearance or Fotodiox is the same shit.
The point is that after we've exchanged a few emails they wanted to send me a Paypal invoice with the amount to pay. Hold on one second: you canceled the order and then you want me to pay you off ebay? To pay for what? That already sounds like a scam.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Fotodiox - massive dissapointment Reply with quote

Shouldn't one be rather careful with statements like this? Just ONE negative experience, although understandable, doesn't give one the right to GENERALLY bashing an otherwise well reputed company.

Cool down before writing something while being upset, I learned a long time ago.... Wink Wink Wink

Thank you guys!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know is reputed?
Do you have some shares with them?
Try to respond without using that overly used, by you mostly, winky emoticon.
In case you didn't notice this section is reserved to buyer sources. Good or bad feedback goes here, in this section.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to you sounds like a "clerical foul-up". Annoying, that's for sure. But if they did offer to sell you the item for your bid price directly on a PayPal invoice I reckon that was probably the easiest way for you and them to get the deal concluded without getting snarled up in re-listing or whatever other tortuous eBay procedure might be involved.. To say it's looking like a scam is - given their volume of business - perhaps verging on the intemperate.

By the way, I don't have shares in Fotodiox (but I think I do have one of their adapters somewhere).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the UK if a seller lists something at a price that is wrong they are not legally obliged to sell it at the low, wrong, price. They have the right to withdraw the item from sale and ask the correct price. I looked at a car a few weeks ago that was £5000 in the showroom and £500 on the website. I didn't stand a chance of getting the car for £500.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have too a couple of their adapters. Contax to EOS. Good quality. Fixed price, good shipping rate, hassle free transaction. But this was an auction. Different animal. I didn't like that I sold my 19/3.8 Vivitar at almost half the price that I've bought it. I didn't cancel the auction. I sent it away, left a positive feedback to the buyer, moved away.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is listed again for auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fotodiox-Pro-Lens-Adapter-Mamiya-645-to-Canon-EOS-EF-EF-S-Camera-System-/151762855627?hash=item2355c566cb

They didn't even bother to change the pics or the text.

@scsambrook : no "clerical foul-up", they're doing it on purpose.
Where is Klaus with his "well reputed company"? Wink Wink Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, okay - so does that mean they didn't agree to sell it to you for your final bid?

On several occasions in the past I've seen items vanish when nearing their closing time and the bids had hardly risen above low starting prices. Not exactly the same as your experience but frustrating to say the least.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought this booster from them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aputure-Pro-Grade-External-Flash-Turbo-Battery-Pack-for-SB-900-/151739975357?hash=item23546846bd

Everything is as described, but it took about 10 days to deliver it to USA address.

A welcome note or something similar, writen in Spanish, was included along with it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for posting about this, himself. i have a bunch of their adapters, i've also had to return several that had not been thoroughly tested - i.e. mirror issues in spite of marketing claims to the contrary. the adapters i like, i like a good deal but i typically approach with caution nowadays .

the stunt that they apparently pulled with you, however, is disappointing...particularly for the clearinghouse of a name brand company.

i've had several instances with individual sellers this year where the 'item lost' or whatever loophole was used by the seller to reneg on the auction because the seller wasn't happy with the outcome and i share your frustration. this would never fly at a live auction. ever. unfortunately, ebay seems to have little muscle these days.

i don't know how big fotodiox is or what kind of financial shape they are in but that's just really, really poor form. you ought to let them know that you've addressed the matter in a public forum and see if they'll rectify it based on the negative pr. i guess if you've already lost your cool with them, they probably won't be willing to play ball at this point.

at this point, i gather that ancillary photography related companies like fotodiox are going to take the most visible beating with declining sales of camera goods in general. it may also just be competition related. when i first started buying adapters off of amazon, for instance, they were - i think - one of the only games in town and kind of had a lock on that market. the number of adapter 'brands' on amazon now seems to be rising all of the time with more and more offering prime delivery.

good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the adapter, finally, from roxsen. Highly recommended that seller.
Beautiful piece of work. Infinity is spot on. Happy as a clam at high tide. Working on some pictures to put on forum.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
I bought the adapter, finally, from roxsen. Highly recommended that seller.

+1.

I'm very satisfied with this seller and his products too.
Also the prices are nearly unbeaten.
The delivery from China takes a little bit longer. That's all.