Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Balda Baldax Mystery, or am I Missing Something?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Balda Baldax Mystery, or am I Missing Something? Reply with quote

A few weeks ago I picked up a Balda Baldax for a reasonable price. I cleaned it up and realized it has a CZJ 7.5cm lens. So I've been poking around a couple dozen websites with Balda info (there's not a ton out there) and no sites reference the Zeiss lens. A lot reference a 75mm Trioplan, though.

I've suspect, from the design and viewfinder that's it's a 1930s version. Also, It has none of the fancier things on the back of it, just two simple red glass openings to track the film movement. I'll be taking shots with it ASAP.

Anyway, I'm wondering if the CZJ lens could have been put on by someone else later? Did folding cameras have interchangeable lenses?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a 1934 645 Baldax with a Tessar (2.8, 3.8 or 4.5)

A pic of one http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:fMk9yXiSNlYJ:photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00URKB+baldax+tessar&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not interchangable, but the factory could have installed a wide variety of lenses over time. These folders could be ordered by distributors in batches with all sorts of custom configurations.