Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Focus past infinity. Does it matter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Focus past infinity. Does it matter? Reply with quote

Hi there, couldn't really find this in the search...

The couple of C/Y lenses I've got, all focus a little bit past infinity on my Canon 7D. It doesn't really bother me (I use the distance scales only for a rough estimation), but I wonder if it affects the optical performance of the lens; especially on lenses with a floating element design.

I'm using HappyPageHK adapters btw; what confuses me is that I've read on several sites that these adapters are actually quit thick and therefore might cause the lens to not even reach infinity.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few lenses that do this as well. I'm using Big_IS adapters.

I am curious to know more information on this subject. I had an assumption that if a lens focuses over infinity then maybe the total range is just bumped up a bit and the close focus isn't as close as it should be.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem is when the lens doesn't reach infinity
this is how to fix it
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,58090.html#58090