Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

fall 2014
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:35 am    Post subject: fall 2014 Reply with quote

They say better late than never!

1) fungus on a log. Pretty sure I used the Flektogon 35/2.8, it's much more compact and convenient for hiking than a bellows!

2) As the sun rises and starts to melt the frost there's a wisp of fog in the air. That enormous flare leads me to guess it was taken with my Mir 20/3.5.

The last shot of course has technical problems but actually I think it conveys the mood of the moment quite well, curious to see what people think.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see any technical problem in the last photo but a clever use of the flare to highlight the fog.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
I can't see any technical problem in the last photo but a clever use of the flare to highlight the fog.

In a lot of forums this pic would start a flamewar with one side saying it's rubbish because of lack of sharpness and the other side saying it's rubbish because of the flare!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them both. they were something you saw and wished to preserve.

Yes artistic vision has be shoved out of the way by an unnatural rush for technical perfection leading to a bunch of over sharpened over processed bland images. And harsh criticism for anything less,intentional or not. Kinda why I like it here. We all seem to be seeking something a little different from the norm.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

In a lot of forums this pic would start a flamewar with one side saying it's rubbish because of lack of sharpness and the other side saying it's rubbish because of the flare!

There is a 'Bokeh Only' thread in the MFL section. Most of photos there are not even in focus. Wink

We have a best flare thread in this section too.
http://forum.mflenses.com/best-flare-t26641.html