Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Incredible day in local shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Incredible day in local shop Reply with quote

I found three lenses all are unusual. I will publish photos as soon as possible.

1) Brass Carl Zeiss Jena pre-war Tessar 12cm f2.7 need to fix aperture otherways close to MINT Shocked Exakta mount

ser: 660326

2) Carl Zeiss Jena Proj-Tessar 13,5cm f4.5 home made tube but pretty pro work.

Ser: 704432 M42 mount

3) Small black biotar 58mm f2 Red T M42 and no scratches just fungus Laughing Laughing I have already two or three copies from this lens all was cleaned by sand paper so they are soft. I did make test photos already with this lens this is fine.

So I am really happy now Wink

Last edited by Attila on Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one -which shop?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. good price, i take it, or you would not have brought them home ...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
nice one -which shop?

www.soosfoto.hu close to Bazilika and Deak square.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I was in there! you recommended it to me a few years ago very good and very helpful guys in there- congratulations on the buys btw Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
wow. good price, i take it, or you would not have brought them home ...

Smile They will with me for a while I am sure Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice finds Atilla, today I discovered and borrowed a CZJ Pancolar 50 1.8 and a Super Tak 50 1.4 in a cupboard at college. Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Attila. you lucky day ! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, can't wait to see!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Nice find Attila...one day I hope to find a shop like that Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys! If this shop not available I guess I never made mflenses.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Wow that is saying something...hey you will have to tell us why you did set it up MFLenses what caused you to do it? Gave you the idea....I would be interested.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did tell already a few times, but perhaps not too boring for newest members. 4 yrs before I had a chance to buy a digital SLR Nikon D50 it was enough cheap for my budget I bought kit lens + a Sigma 300mm zoom. I did really enjoy this kit but image quality was too neutral to me. So I did look around how I able to improve it. No money more for AF lenses so naturally I did try a Helios 44 and a Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 200mm f2.8. I was totally amazed what I seen on pictures, so much better image quality for lot less than what I had to pay for AF lenses. I saw in local shop so many old lenses from 10 USD to 200 USD. Almost nobody would take them ... I saw some old photographers who brought their gear (their spend many monthly salaries to buying them ) and they got almost nothing for them. I would spread information about old lenses , how good they are and I made mflenses.com I bought many lenses I made some shoots and I did try to inform people this is just not right to throw out these old beauties. If they have no value our children can't buy them and use them , because most people not waist their time to sell them on second hand shops , they just throw out them. I though film is gone , but lenses has a bright future.. Certainly I was wrong, film , cameras are same important . If we not support this technology our kids has no chance to enjoy as we can do now. (This is reason why I so interest now about film cameras ). I think lenses are already on right path their price did grow up to valuable zone. 4 yrs before many valuable lens sit on shelf in shops for months , now they sit only for few days ....
Forum was born because I had trouble on other forum (forum.manualfocus.org) when I did link mflenses.com. Orio had also trouble and I did ask him should we establish an own one ? Answer was yes and many founder member did support both forum , many , many thanks for them !!! we could start.

Not many people did like us, like Wikipedia admins make my articles , links as spam ... now it is over with 1000 unique visitors daily this forum is more popular than Wikipedia lens articles

In shortly this is the story.

Last edited by Attila on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing story. Thank you Attila, I am sure this website and forum has contributed a significant raise in interest (and price) of MF lens. I would not have what I have without this place. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attila, i absolutely love reading your posts ... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aleksanderpolo wrote:
Amazing story. Thank you Attila, I am sure this website and forum has contributed a significant raise in interest (and price) of MF lens. I would not have what I have without this place. Smile

That is great Smile Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
attila, i absolutely love reading your posts ... Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Me too yours Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, mflenses is not only a great resource for manual lenses, it's a place that seems to attract nice people. I guess it has something to do with the founders. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Attila, mflenses is not only a great resource for manual lenses, it's a place that seems to attract nice people. I guess it has something to do with the founders. Smile

Embarassed thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

Flektagon alone is subject to this sites enthusiasm.
At one time I remeber hearing them referred to as "Junkagon" Rolling Eyes
Those days are gone. Thanks Attila Razz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit that this forum helped me a lot during my "road" with MF lenses.

I began with the cheaper ones and one Canon 400D. I was amazed with them and took some cool photographs...

Now I'm an addicted with film gear and old lenses. I love Carl Zeiss and Leica ones and now I already have one Leica R8 that I never thought I would buy when I start...

The next step is to get M system and try it! I have an Hasselblad and Contax 645! I dreamed about this cameras 2 years ago...Thanks to the other lenses I bought I made some money and I'm allways trying new equipment...

The best thing is that I can use them with different results in my photography area...

I loved the photos I took and my flickr as many with the gear I used to took them...

Almost all of them were with MF lenses...

www.flickr.com/photos/lazzarosphotography

Thanks for everything! All of you guys are great people!

I'm only 23 but who know when I am 60 if I would be here teaching something to the young photographers hehe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear about the history of MFlenses, Attila. What a start and what a growth in 4 years. Who knows how the site will grow in another 4 years time. But I am sure, I and many will still be here. Smile

Last edited by my_photography on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a newbie here it is interesting to hear a little about the history.

What's amazing is how much informative lens reviews,have been compiled here in a short time...and with time more good lens insights to come.

A warm Thanks to you Atilla for making this happen!

...and a hearty to all the contributors.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is very unique in many different ways; it’s a very rare gem by itself.
Mostly due to its participants, I think. Very rare!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
This forum is very unique in many different ways; it’s a very rare gem by itself.
Mostly due to its participants, I think. Very rare!

Nice to hear this Bruce and I am so happy about your opinion I like rare things (lenses, cameras, honor ...) Wink

I think all success did come from you , we built together a such a great community from all over the world I think this is best what we can do.