Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Complete list of Helios lenses - getting closer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay - I waited for a more sunny weather to take a picture. Here's a photo of the lens mounted on the Zenit 130 camera:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I just ordered my very first manual lens .. and it just so happens to be a Helios!

I don't know very much about it other than it being 50mm f/2.0 ... and I'm pretty sure it's a nikon F mount version

I look foward to seeing the quality it will bring!

Last edited by mrbluesky94 on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrbluesky94 wrote:
Hi! I just ordered my very first manual lens .. and it just so happens to be a Helios!

I don't know very much about it other than it being 50mm f/2.0 ... and I'm pretty sure it's a nikon F mount version

Hi,

The Helios-81 ABTOMAT is used in Kiev-10/15 camera. It is not in Nikon F unless the lens has been converted. Go for a Helios-81 H if you want a copy with F mount http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_396.html .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
mrbluesky94 wrote:

Hi,

The Helios-81 ABTOMAT is used in Kiev-10/15 camera. It is not in Nikon F unless the lens has been converted. Go for a Helios-81 H if you want a copy with F mount http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_396.html .

it's actually going on my canon 600D ... I had some trouble finding out what mount it was on

I've ordered a nikon f to eos adapter ... I take it I have ordered the wrong one? woops...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No adapter is available for either Canon EOS nor Nikon F. You need to convert the lens.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
No adapter is available for either Canon EOS nor Nikon F. You need to convert the lens.

And conversion is not easy since the diaphragm is controled by the camera. Also if you manage to convert it, you will have infinity only on mirrorless. The Avtomat mount is like a russian Canon FD mount.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a Auto Cosmogon (SN: 008803) on a Zenith Em.
Both look good.
Not reveived yet. Will post a pic as soon as it arrives.

{placeholder}

kind regards
hasan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After getting the chrome Helios 44 f22, I've reached another achievement in collecting Helios lenses. It's supposed to be in the first batch of Helios 44-2 from KMZ, right? This lens is being delivered to me so I don't know about the quality yet, but I have another one from KMZ (N0001991) and it's the sharpest among the Helios 44-2 I've tested.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just look at that serial number Shocked Nice one!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humulus wrote:
Just look at that serial number Shocked Nice one!

+1 Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Langstrum wrote:
After getting the chrome Helios 44 f22, I've reached another achievement in collecting Helios lenses. It's supposed to be in the first batch of Helios 44-2 from KMZ, right? This lens is being delivered to me so I don't know about the quality yet, but I have another one from KMZ (N0001991) and it's the sharpest among the Helios 44-2 I've tested.

wow, where did you find that? and care to share cost?

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys I was able to get the Helios 81H as a gift, do you think I can get the same amazing swirly bokeh you can achieve with the Helios 44-2 or the fewer blades won't allow it?

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really confused for a second by the 0000026 nameplate. It looked like there were faint markings underneath but I guess those are just the reflections from the other side? Cool stuff.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find! But I wouldn't trade my 0000xxx Helios 44 Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandro wrote:
Hi guys I was able to get the Helios 81H as a gift, do you think I can get the same amazing swirly bokeh you can achieve with the Helios 44-2 or the fewer blades won't allow it?

It swirls, bit less than early 44, but still swirls, don't worry!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
sandro wrote:

It swirls, bit less than early 44, but still swirls, don't worry!

Thanks Smile Let's see Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newcomer in the list? Smile

Received it not long time ago
R-Helios-100-OS 100mm/2.5

It's a lens designed to Oscillographe photography (why? I don't know).
Design is not Helios type. R-Helios lenses is 8 elements in 5 group, no relation to Biotar.

Not tested yet, but what I found on the .ru net show pretty bad IQ.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey everyone, new here Smile.

I have a Helios 44-2 zebra, but im not sure what year its from lol i was trying to use the chart. im more used to the last serial digit or starting digit is the year with ussr glass.
here is photos of it (excuse the bad quality its from my phone)

Edit, not sure why my photos are not working ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRaZiGLiTcH wrote:

I have a Helios 44-2 zebra, but im not sure what year its from lol i was trying to use the chart. im more used to the last serial digit or starting digit is the year with ussr glass.

Images not showing is some kind of antispam feature for first posts. The Helios is probably from 1970, the MMZ factory at that time used only the last number of the production year (in this case 0) as the first number of the serial.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRaZiGLiTcH wrote:

Spam prevention , take it off to new comers.

From now it will works, welcome to aboard!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thanks for the info, adn thanks for the welcome. i will try to be active on here.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Helios 44-3 "new" vs "old" year? Reply with quote

Hello. One of the first posts in this thread (by no-X) pointed out the two variations of the 44-3.

He stated:
44-3 MC - old model - protruding focusing ring (e.g. 1986)
44-3 MC - new model (e.g. 1993)

My question is - what year did they start producing the "new" model. I ask because I'm interested in picking up a copy of this lens but want the newer version and I'm seeing some with a serial number starting at 92****. Looking at photos of auction listings it's often hard to tell which ones have the protruding focusing ring ("old" model).

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this topic.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought another Helios-44M for my collection Happy Dog

You can see my other 44Ms here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/the-ultimate-helios-44m-collection-t71234.html
I wonder if MMZ Helios-44M with normal lettering (non-cyrillic) and Valdai cyrillic lettering 44M exist?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: What to do with a fake Helios 44M-7 Reply with quote

When I started checking out FSU SLR lenses I decided to buy a Helios 44M-7, mostly intrigued by the higher resolution claimed for this model.

What you see in these photographs was my first attempt. It was listed as an "Early Version" of the lens. Long before it was delivered I discovered how I had been had. This lens has eight blades, the M-7 has six. This lens has a manual/auto switch, the M-7 doesn't. This lens was produced in 1980, the M-7 didn't come out until the 1990s.

So I bought a real 44M-7 and waited for the fake to be delivered. It wasn't a lot of money so I just decided to bite the bullet. Two months and many messages to the seller later and still no lens. Eventually I filed a claim with Ebay and was refunded.

That was almost two months ago. Suddenly the lens arrives at my home. It is in beautiful condition though the focus ring is much too stiff.

So what do I do? I can't sell it as a 44M-7. I don't know what model it really is. I would send it back to the seller but I am not going to pay the postage to return a lens to a seller who was out to cheat me in the first place.

Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your "44M-7" is actually a Helios-44M. You can tell by the silver A/M switch (later Helios 44 designs did not have it). It also lacks multicoating (all the 44M-7s had it).

Last edited by Humulus on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total