Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

track
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: track Reply with quote

bessa r, canon 50/1.8, bw400cn, walgreens processing/scanning:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice capture,but would you get into trouble taking a photo like that standing on the tracks?....I assume the driver could see you Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

train was parked. that site is a yard for locomotives waiting for big coal loads ...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice composition. You used F11 or smaller?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lead in lines, be careful of capturing the train in motion and maybe a close up. I jest of course. Laughing

UK laws prevent us from taking shots like that in all but a few places due to trespass.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f11 at 125, IIRC.

as far as safety, this is alabama. it is pretty much up to the individual to make safe decisions, except for the obvious, such as drinking and driving, or parking a car on the tracks ... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Glad you can still make safe decisions on your own apparently we need lots of little laws to guide us Rolling Eyes
Oh where has common sense gone!
Did you take any more?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was the best of a few shots. often there are as many as five locomotives at the yard. i go through there at least once a month. i'll be looking for more shots as they present themselves ...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice comp/perspective, couldn't you have waited longer for a better
shot of the approaching train? Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sitting still, bill, sitting still. i move so slowly nowadays, there is no way i'd risk a moving train ...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, didn't read your one post where you said it was parked.