Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Marep 200mm f4.5?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Marep 200mm f4.5? Reply with quote

Just bought this on an impulse...

Click here to see on Ebay

Searching around, I can find no mention of Marep as a lens maker. Does anyone know of them at all?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for your buying. It amazes me that the lens itself cost around 6 pound and the shipping and handling is 12...
We use to say here that "It's more expensive the filling than the turkey" Wink
Best regards and good luck with your new lens.
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Congrats for your buying. It amazes me that the lens itself cost around 6 pound and the shipping and handling is 12...
We use to say here that "It's more expensive the filling than the turkey" Wink
Best regards and good luck with your new lens.
Jes.

Thanks, I'll have to make it fit first Idea Even though he said it was Leica thread it might not be, so I'm not sure yet what the back focus distance is. At the least it might make an interesting try-out for shorter distances. And if it turns out that Marep is as rare as hen's teeth and really sought-after by Leica nuts, I might even sell it again. Of course, it might be a bit of junk...

The postage isn't as bad as it seems there - it's only 7GBP to me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:
It's arrived and it's an M42 and a preset - result!
In very clean condition, but there seems to be a slight flaw, about 2mm long on the inside of the front element - I'm fairly sure that won't show up in pics anyway.
It has the feel and appearance of being brand new - I suspect it was NOS, or kept as a spare for something, somewhere.

Turns out Marep is Japanese, or made there, according to the lettering on it. Still can't find a thing about them on the web or elsewhere.

I'm waiting for some M42 adaptors to arrive then I'll give it a tryout.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward your report. You should know in 60-70th lot of japanese manufacturer made many lenses. Best ones are well known, from avarage or craps information is very limited. I found excellent "noname" from them and craps too. Hopefully you found a good one.