Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Got my Prakticar 28/2.8!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Got my Prakticar 28/2.8! Reply with quote

I mean, I just paid for it... It's supposed to arrive in the next few days.

With the rising price of the PB lenses, I think I got a great deal Very Happy (assuming the lens is in good condition, as stated by the seller)

I'll be posting some pictures of the lens as soon as it arrives.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, which Praktica are you going to use it on?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to use it on a Praktica BMS and on a Canon 350D with the PB to EOS adapter Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I use my PB lenses on a BX20 which gives nice results Smile Haven't tried the 28/2.8 but hopefully it will give you nice results, although I've heard it's difficult for these lenses to reach infinity on Canon EOS bodies.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it essentially because I needed something wider that the 50/2.4 for the Praktica BMS. As for the 350D, the lens becomes something like a 45mm because of the 1,6x crop and I plan to use it on some creative portraits (yes, who said portraits have to be shot at 85~135mm? Laughing) so, the issue with infinity focus (which I have experienced with both the 50/2.4 and the 70-210/4-5.6 on the 350D) won't be a problem Smile

It would be a problem if I couldn't reach infinity on the Praktica body...but that doesn't happen, of course Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Prakticar PM 2.8/28mm MC Pentacon with M42 screw-mount. I bought it off eBay and it had some fungus, which led to a discount. When I dissembled it and cleaned the fungus and dust, I put it all back together, however, I guess I might mess one or two little lenses inside (put in a wrong direction or order), cause I have a blurry edges on photos. I use Praktica PLC3. I wonder if you have a scheme or anybody here knows where I could get one, so that I could place the lenses in the right order =) Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations. Pr28/2.8 is one of nice 28mm lenses, it is sharp and
hardly any distortion.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koji wrote:
Congratulations. Pr28/2.8 is one of nice 28mm lenses, it is sharp and
hardly any distortion.

Hehe, in my case it actually distorts Very Happy But yeah, I guess I messed it up myself, now trying to fix it Confused

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the mistake, so it should work properly now...fingers crossed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never tried opening and cleaning a lens before... is it a very hard thing to do?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say its hard to, but you have to be very careful and always put details in the right order or even draw a rough sketch what and where was placed in the lens (still learning on my own mistakes hehe). I don't usually open them just for fun, it is usually a necessity (once there was a screw stuck on my zoom lens, so I had to take it apart to find out what actually happened). This time I bought a lens with a little of fungus, which was on the inner side of the glass, so I had to open it and sterile everything inside, so that I could just put that lens on my camera without infecting it. However, sometimes it can also be a lot of fun. For instance when I started putting all pieces together in my Practicar 2.8/28, I accidently placed a metal ring before one of the glasses, although it should come after, so as a result I've got even wider angle of view (I think it could be equal to 96 degrees or 20mm) and the sharpness was still at the top. But obviously the focusing meter marked on the lens was no more accurate.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds fun indeed Very Happy.
And if you do everything right you can get a nice lens for a fraction of the price (if it has dirt or fungus inside...then you just open it and clean it Laughing)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly! There were many instances, when my skills and/or experience saved me a lot of money Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'll keep reading tips on how to do it and maybe one day I'll be able to open and clean a lens Very Happy

Thanks, Guliver