Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

135mm f3.5 S-M-C & Super Takumar comparrison
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: 135mm f3.5 S-M-C & Super Takumar comparrison Reply with quote

I have just received my SMC Takumar 135mm f3.5 so i thought i would compare it to the Super Takumar 135mm f3.5 i have.

Both shots at f5.6 and ISO100, NO PP at all, just a re size. Light was pretty poor!
Super Tak

S-M-C version

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, Super Tak won. SMC is yellowish.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

out of curiosity, which came out with the larger JPEG size?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-M-C certainly has more contrast! Super appears to have better micr-contrast.

Is this the first version of Super-Takumar with 5/4 elements/groups (Auto-Man switch label A-M, and 354 or no number engraved on camera side of switch button) or same as S-M-C 4/4 formula (switch labeled Auto-Man and 43541)?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
out of curiosity, which came out with the larger JPEG size?
Both came out the same. The camera was not on a tripod and i took the camera in doors to change the lens.

I think I am going to have to do a proper tripod test on a nice sunny day to see the difference more clearly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siriusdogstar wrote:
S-M-C certainly has more contrast! Super appears to have better micr-contrast.

Is this the first version of Super-Takumar with 5/4 elements/groups (Auto-Man switch label A-M, and 354 or no number engraved on camera side of switch button) or same as S-M-C 4/4 formula (switch labeled Auto-Man and 43541)?

Ooooh i duno??