Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

new m4/3 MF lens (50mm f/0.95)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: new m4/3 MF lens (50mm f/0.95) Reply with quote

http://43rumors.com/reminder-tomorrow-launch-of-the-new-noktor-50mm-f0-95-for-microfourthirds/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sample images look pretty lame if you ask me. Granted one of them was a still from a film...even so. How much less are we talkin' in price from other lenses in it's segment?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a fake.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't f0.95 on 2x Crop is like f1.4 on 1.5x crop and f2 on FF?. So really not that cool, IMO. If you want uber thin DOF, m4/3 is not the answer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree ... it is a fake.

The m4/3 does not have enough $$ appeal to get a native f:0.95 lens

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to be a guinea pig?

http://noktor.com/products.php

$750 delivery 15 April

Personally I think it's just one of those re-branded C-mount lenses for security cameras. I'll pay more for the CV Nokton anyday!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justtorchit wrote:
The sample images look pretty lame if you ask me.

Yeah. They look really bad. Soft, CA galore and weird/ugly bokeh.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is insane! The image quality looks really really bad for this price and those who bought it have only themselves to blame.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilson.c wrote:

$750 delivery 15 April

Personally I think it's just one of those re-branded C-mount lenses for security cameras. I'll pay more for the CV Nokton anyday!

a lens with a focus ring lock?
http://noktor.com/img/01.jpg

Smile Smile

i bet was this rebranded.

GMY45095MCN
http://www.midopt.com/lenses_fixedf095.html

Wink

Last edited by Latente on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aleksanderpolo wrote:
This is insane! The image quality looks really really bad for this price and those who bought it have only themselves to blame.

Have you honestly ever seen a razor sharp f.95-1.2 shot? I haven't. Note even from the Noctilux or Canon L's.

Again, I don't get the appeal. For $750, you can get an APS-C crop body and a very good 50mm f1.4. That will give you similar DOF and noise handling to this lens on 2x crop.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latente wrote:
wilson.c wrote:

$750 delivery 15 April

Smile Smile

GMY45095MCN
http://www.midopt.com/lenses_fixedf095.html

Wink

If that is the case, the 17 and 25mm f.95's would be much more handy (And rare) than the 50mm. Should have released those first.

And the description says 100 lp/mm resolution, so maybe not that bad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkbslc wrote:

If that is the case, the 17 and 25mm f.95's would be much more handy (And rare) than the 50mm. Should have released those first.

And the description says 100 lp/mm resolution, so maybe not that bad.

maybe the 17 and the 25 don't full cover the sensor.
this lens are for 1" sensor that was smaller than the 21mm of 4/3 camera.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkbslc wrote:
aleksanderpolo wrote:

Have you honestly ever seen a razor sharp f.95-1.2 shot? I haven't. Note even from the Noctilux or Canon L's.

I wasn't looking for sharpness (thats not why people shoots a noctilux lens), just as bogolisk noted above, definitely not all that CA (which is very severe in the examples), softer bokeh, better color rendition. Basically all the other aesthetic qualities a lens can produce. Without being too abstract, a delicate softness, while maintaining a coherent plane of focus. That lens looks like youre shooting through a marble or something.

And I don't think it is fake, but I would agree, I am almost positive it's a re-brand of a C-mount lens based on the specs and even images of the original c-mount model.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, thanks for sharing. Rebranded or not, this is a result of interest and demand and is a good business idea. One need only look at the price any ultra fast old lens sells for on eBay. Even lenses with no aperture at all, stripped from industrial machinery make good cash there.

My hope would not necessarily be that the 'Noktor' be great, but that it does well enough for other companies to consider this market segment (*cough* COSINA *cough*). I do think their pricing is off though. I have no idea what its costing them, but a price around $400 would have a lot of people jumping in just for curiosities sake - like the lens baby - regardless of critical performance.

Kelly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thePiRaTE!! wrote:
My hope would not necessarily be that the 'Noktor' be great, but that it does well enough for other companies to consider this market segment (*cough* COSINA *cough*).

(*cough* Samyang *cough*)

What would cost them to add a m4/3 mount to their 85mm f/1.4. They've already built Can/Nik/Pentax/Sony/... versions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That bright ring painted around the inside edge right next to the front element doesn't seem like such a good idea

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:
That bright ring painted around the inside edge right next to the front element doesn't seem like such a good idea

Of course its a good idea. It makes the lens look distinctive and interesting. If it was all black the image would be less memorable.

Micro 4/3 is a fashion-driven segment.

Which is a pity, because a really good, iso 50-100, micro 4/3 macro camera would be quite interesting.Actually take advantage of the increased DoF instead of trying to get FF SLR-like shallow DoF with super-fast lenses full of aberrations.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like they should have coated the lens interior chrome. That would really dazzle users! It could be such a unique lens...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens looks pretty:

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently got rid of this similar looking babe.
Also, the Navitar and tarcus versions look identical.

They also have a pricetag new around $750 but then with a c-mount.
So it seems that the 'new' pimped and remounted version is fairly priced.

Last edited by mkleywegt on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bogolisk wrote:
thePiRaTE!! wrote:
My hope would not necessarily be that the 'Noktor' be great, but that it does well enough for other companies to consider this market segment (*cough* COSINA *cough*).

(*cough* Samyang *cough*)

What would cost them to add a m4/3 mount to their 85mm f/1.4. They've already built Can/Nik/Pentax/Sony/... versions.

Yeah, for 4/3 users, I think they'll probably do it eventually. I did consider Samyang, but Cosina make such wonderful lenses... that would be my wish. And its probably only a wish afterall Neutral

justtorchit wrote:
I feel like they should have coated the lens interior chrome. That would really dazzle users! It could be such a unique lens...

lol!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the link in the post for more samples

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=34686702

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The test shots are not that bad at:

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2010/03/03/the-noktor-50-f0-95-lens-review-diary/

look at the bokeh at f2.0 Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting for some special purposes, but i don´t think spending 750usd is worth for special purpose lens, and for only small m4/3 format

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should have a name for that kind of bokeh, ninja star/cookie cutter?

Judging from the reaction from some other forum, it looks like rebranding a C-lens, put on some neon green or pink and sell them to unsuspecting m4/3 users as "ultra fast" lens might not be such a crazy idea after all. Rolling Eyes