Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New lenses for me, soon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: New lenses for me, soon Reply with quote

In the last days I received some extra money, share from my insurance, that I wasn't expecting, which arrived very welcome.
To cheer me up from the sad moment, I decided to invest part of it in a few lenses.
I found some bargains, part on Ebay and part from a person I met who lost his father too and he used to have a photo shop, now his family is selling the shop stock before closing it down.

From the Ebay (from an Italian private), I got a Zenitar 16mm with Canon EF mount (I wasn't aware that they existed), it should arrive next week, I hope it's OK, I never heard reports of this lens with the Canon EF mount before, now I found it exists - I paid it less then half the price it's sold on sites like rugift or dvdtechnikk.

Also from Ebay, Italian private, I got a mint condition MIR-1 aluminium finish with the "Brussels" engraving, I only paid it 29 Euros, it looks like new, I think it was a good bargain for my collection since I only have the newer black version (the MIR-1V)

Finally, from the photo shop guy, I got an incredible bargain on a "secret" lens, which is NEW packed and with available guarantee. I say secret because I still have to complete the transaction, when I will have it in my hands I will tell you about it Wink

And finally there's still that Kaleinar from Ukraine - I am still waiting for the seller to come back to her office (sigh)

This is the MIR-1:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one Orio cant wait to find out what it is and see some pics! (they havent got any more zenitar/EOS knocking abot that they use as door stops have they? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
nice one Orio cant wait to find out what it is and see some pics! (they havent got any more zenitar/EOS knocking abot that they use as door stops have they? Very Happy

er... I'm afraid no, the Zenitar guy was a private from Ebay. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cant wait to hear about the secret lens - and see samples from it. Congratulations on your finds

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orion in goos shape again ! I like this very much! I especially looking your Zenitar review compare with your expensive wide angle lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: New lenses for me, soon Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
From the Ebay (from an Italian private), I got a Zenitar 16mm with Canon EF mount (I wasn't aware that they existed), it should arrive next week, I hope it's OK, I never heard reports of this lens with the Canon EF mount before, now I found it exists - I paid it less then half the price it's sold on sites like rugift or dvdtechnikk.

Congratulations, Orio. Nice new acquisitions!
I'm eagerly waiting to hear more about the "secret" lens, must be a cracker!

As far as the Zenit 16 (EOS-mount) is concerned, I have read some articles that sometimes those versions have some problems to focus on infinity. I hope you can clear up this rumour and that you won't have a problem.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: New lenses for me, soon Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

As far as the Zenit 16 (EOS-mount) is concerned, I have read some articles that sometimes those versions have some problems to focus on infinity. I hope you can clear up this rumour and that you won't have a problem.

I feared something like that when I saw the price, too low for this lens Sad
Anyway the seller says it comes together with a separate M42 mount - the mount is interchangeable. Should I have trouble with the Canon mount I can try to have the lens serviced and mount the M42 mount.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: New lenses for me, soon Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

I feared something like that when I saw the price, too low for this lens Sad
Anyway the seller says it comes together with a separate M42 mount - the mount is interchangeable. Should I have trouble with the Canon mount I can try to have the lens serviced and mount the M42 mount.

Don't worry, you'll probably be fine. With an exchangeable M42-mount it surely will work (then it is like any other Zenit-16 /M42). And with the EOS-mount you can easily work around, even if it didn't work properly. Use the lens at f8 and with such a 16mm lens you will have infinity...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Orion in good shape again ! I like this very much!

It just looks like. It's only the surface. When these things happen to you, you can only wear a mask and go on.
Inside it's different.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Inside it's different.

Give it time mate, give it time...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will help to cure your pain.. You need fun to survive this hard time, photography with different lenses a good fun really.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
You need fun to survive this hard time, photography with different lenses a good fun really.

@ Orio: Attila's right even though it might not seem like fun and you might not feel like having any. Everything you're doing at the moment is a step forward - you're buying lenses again, you've started a "Mystery" theme photo submission thread, you're posting on here...

You'll get there...

Is your mystery lens a Distagon 25...?

A Distagon 21 even...? Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:

@ Orio: Attila's right even though it might not seem like fun and you might not feel like having any. Everything you're doing at the moment is a step forward - you're buying lenses again, you've started a "Mystery" theme photo submission thread, you're posting on here...
You'll get there...

Yes, but there are moments where the whole photography and lens thing seems pointless compared to the huge loss. It's difficult, I had another difficult time in my life with my divorce but that was different, there still was a perspective to fill the empty, now there's that word "forever" that is difficult to cope with.
But that's talk not for this forum.

Quote:
Is your mystery lens a Distagon 25...?

No, I already have the Contax version, true I would like the newer version but it's something that will have to wait.

Quote:
A Distagon 21 even...? Shocked

No, a 1500-2000 Euros lens is definitely beyond my financial possibility.
Besides, I'm not fully convinced by the samples I have seen. It's certainly sharp, but my Flek does architecture better.