Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Architecure with the Apo-Telyt 180/3.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Architecure with the Apo-Telyt 180/3.4 Reply with quote

Three pictures without people for a change. All taken in the huge Meherangarh-Fort of Jodhpur.
Apo-Telyt 180mm @ f 3.4

1) Part of the fort surrounding the central buildings

2) Detail of the intricate masonry of the façade: This is not wood, but painted stone

3) Easy to see, why Jodhpur is called the 'Blue City'

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning presentation! Many thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful use of a magnificent lens. It's nice to see tele used for this sort of landscapes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for showing if I did not know it was Jodhpur I would have thought middle east.Beautiful blue.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful! Please share more, I have particular interest in this lens as it is Leitax adaptable to Nikon.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hold on, Vilhelm! You've got the Lanthar - you don't need this Leica lens ..!!

Very Happy

just kidding ..

tf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the APO Telyt-R is about EUR 650 used and easy to replace in case of loss... lower insurance fees as well.

I've used it on film years ago, but since the Leitax conversion gives a new dimension to this glass I am obviously interested in it. This lens originally was designed for the U.S. Navy for use mainly at infinity, and thus its character is probably different to that of the SL Close Focus APO-Lanthar 180/4.

Some find the APO Telyt-R bokeh not so great, I can't confirm that (I don't recall what the bokeh was). The CV 180/4 bokeh is outstandingly smooth, must have been a design goal of the engineering team.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got any of these you mentioned above so far..

What I have seen so far was that the 180 Lanthar has colder tonality whereas Leica is warmer, I think..

tf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vilhelm, if you look here, you'll find more pictures taken with this lense, and I must say, I have no problems with the bokeh:

http://forum.mflenses.com/some-more-from-india-t24215.html

Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So fascinating, Thomas
wonderful masonry.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody

Thomas