Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens Buying Disease...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Lens Buying Disease... Reply with quote

Today's attack of it resulted in me buying a Volna 3 for the Kiev 88 with the notion of putting it to work on the Canon. Easy, I thought; I can simply get an adaptor and so I went and found a Pentacon 6 adaptor that would fit it.
Then I found the early Volna 3s have a screw mount that need an extra adapter to make them fit the P6 adapter.... Bah.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's a later lens - it looks newish, but that's no real indicator of anything.

I really must stop browsing around ebay once I've found what I'm looking for.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no cure, I went into remission over summer but the sickness is back as bad as before! Sad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to restrict yourself to one mount and one origin. I was often in verge of buying a Volna 3. But a little voice from the left said: "Michael, only russian M42. Stop it. Now!" Shocked

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
You have to restrict yourself to one mount and one origin. I was often in verge of buying a Volna 3. But a little voice from the left said: "Michael, only russian M42. Stop it. Now!"

Heh. But, but, but, once I have an adaptor I can get other P6 lenses... it's a waste buying an expensive adaptor for one lens, it makes sense to use it for others surely...

<twitch>

Ooh look, shiny things on ebay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so good idea to restrict your self. Every lens has different character to not use great Nikkor lenses , because I decided M42 only this is not too smart. Also Yashica ML lenses etc. I really want to have all kind of adapter to all kind of lenses.This is the most beautiful thing in MF lenses if you have good camera like Canon or Olympus virtually you have unlimited choice from superb manual lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:

lens buying disease can cause serious damages to your health. Following the latest statistics from the eau (european aperture university) it leads to restricted communication abitlities with non infected persons, to a high risk of divorce and a negative bank account balance.
Typical scene: infected person comes home from work. Only a short "hello" to wife and kids. He (99% of the infected are men) goes to the computer - *tickititk* - "Ooh look, shiny things on ebay".

Too late, no healing possible...

Attila, my self restriction has nothing to do with common sense - it's the only way to survive for me Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
eau (european aperture university)

Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Smile don't do it ...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to suffer from LLD (lens lust disease) with just the nikon mount. Since finding this forum I find the urge to look further afield has taken over and now I am waiting for my first taste of the m42 crowd. I can foresee a grim future trying out all those sweet pieces of glass...... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) is a bad thing to have. Wink

Sometimes a look at your bank account helps for a while, but GAS will strike back one day! Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
Following the latest statistics from the eau (european aperture university) it leads to restricted communication abilities with non infected persons, to a high risk of divorce and a negative bank account balance.

Restricted communication abilities:
That's definitely an issue that's getting bigger and bigger now as I could see it lately when meeting with our fellow member Mitchbuchanon...
Last saturday we asked 2 persons if they wanted to come with us for a walk in Bordeaux on a beautiful sunny afternoon...
Answer : "NO WAY, you're going to talk about lenses again!" Shocked
Well, I must admit they're absolutely right. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Heh. But, but, but, once I have an adaptor I can get other P6 lenses... it's a waste buying an expensive adaptor for one lens, it makes sense to use it for others surely...

<twitch>

Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

I just realised I'm using a Tamron lens with an AD-2 M42 mount, screwed into a M42/K mount adapter and then fitted to my Canon with the K/EOS adapter Smile Yes I know I could just use the M42/EOS adapter or an AD-2 K mount, or even buy an EOS Adaptall mount, but adapters are expensive things and you just can't leave them lying around! Wink