Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newly acquired Soligor Zoom
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Newly acquired Soligor Zoom Reply with quote

Hi guys,

yesterday I got my new Soligor 45-135 f3.5 zoom lens in M42 mount. This is my first manual Zoom lens in M42 mount and it's a big and heavy beast with very nice build. It's in mint condition and cost me a mere 16€ of the bay.

I tried it out today and was impressed by the sharpness and handling of this beauty.

So here are some samples of today.

First two wide open and last two at 5.6.

Dreamy bokeh and a little glow! Sowhow I like this look!

You can count the knits of the hat in 100% view!

This one is at 45mm.

Around 50mm

There a two flaws of this lens being a little bit low on contrats without pp and some CA wide open! Both are easily correctable using Aperture are whatever when shot raw!

All in all this is a very very positive first impression of an old zoom!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Soligors can be really good and some not so. I think the 1st 2 images look really good. The 3rd is lower contrast but still not at all bad. It's hard to judge the quality in the 4th but it's an interesting image, nice reflection.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good I am waiting for a mystery Soligor myself but I have no idea which yet or what mount but I hope its as good as that one Congratulations Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more pictures! Much better weather today!

All pictures shot around f5.6