Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The "parent" of the Jupiter-9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: The "parent" of the Jupiter-9 Reply with quote

I think that this Sonnar 2.8/85 for Contax Ikon rangefinder is to be considered the "parent" (or "source" if you prefer) the Jupiter-9 was cloned from:

Click here to see on Ebay

_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The "parent" of the Jupiter-9 Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I think that this Sonnar 2.8/85 for Contax Ikon rangefinder is to be considered the "parent" (or "source" if you prefer) the Jupiter-9 was cloned from:

Click here to see on Ebay

_

Looks pretty... and expensive Wink
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes."Clever Russians" make many Sonnar " from Jupiter-9 early copies.Like they make fake Leica too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this specific case I think they just rebranded the lens, which is identical. They had from Zeiss the schematics, the machinery to make the lenses, and the technicians to teach how to use them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they can make it with simple zeiss engraving