Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A few words on Bo-Keh
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: A few words on Bo-Keh Reply with quote

article by Marco Cavina (use translator), it's sort of a "101" for beginners on the basics of bokeh:

http://www.luciolepri.it/lc2/marcocavina/articoli_fotografici/bokeh/00_pag.htm

It also has a part interesting for more advanced users when he speaks about the Fujinon SF 180mm f/5,6.
Ballu you may find the photo of the Fujinon interesting for your soft focus experiments.
Veijo it seems that this Fujinon soft focus lens is based on the triplet scheme and he mentions the high quality of the bokeh. Knowing that quality bokeh is something you are very interested into, this may be of interest to you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orio...
Nice article.. although the translation is killing the essence of the article.. but every time I am reading, getting more...

One quick help, just above the Fujinon lens, the paragraph translates to this text,

"In closing, I feel myself of being able to say that also I use it of the modern digital sensors has them modified the yield of the sfuocato one: the way in which the single one fotodiodo it acquires, conversion A/D and the masks of contrast more or less than default modifies senz'altro the perception of the sfuocato one to objective parity, but tant'?: it is the price of the progress,"

To, translation is not very clear...Does it mean, each pixel level processing kills the natural contrast...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make my own translation:

Also the use of modern digital sensor has modified the bokeh rendition: the way each photo diod acquires (the light), the A/D conversion and the contrast mask (i.e. sharpening) which are more or less set by default certainly modify the perception of bokeh even when using the same lens (he means that two different digital reflex cameras, say Canon and Nikon, will render differently the bokeh from the same lens), but that's how the thing is. It's the price for progress.