Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Famous Dutch people through my 83mm f/1.9 Takumar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Famous Dutch people through my 83mm f/1.9 Takumar Reply with quote

I have been to the "Household Fair" in Amsterdam yesterday. Normally not a fair I would visit voluntarily, but Mrs. Spotmatic persisted... Rolling Eyes Wink

Fortunately there were quite a few famous Dutch people around so I decided to do the unexpected and used my 83mm f/1.9 Asahi-Kogaku Takumar for the entire day on my Pentax K-7. I tried to get as close to them as I could.

Most readers/viewers here won't know these people. But they are well known TV personalities and artists (remember: "famous" is not the same as " outstanding" Wink).

One last thing: I used the 83mm Takumar almost entirely at f/1.9. Hopefully it shows why I like my 83mm Takumar more than all later 85mm Takumar versions.

Lastly, a picture of a (stereotypic?) Amsterdam mother with her daughter. They were sitting in the "studio" of a photographer and noticed me when I was taking the shot Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it shows absolutely! Accept my condolence to visit this show!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! 83mm wide open at f/1.9! excellent, perfect! Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks pretty sharp with a smooth bokeh, sadly I don't have it yet Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter!
WOW, very nice portraits with a lovely lens Very Happy ....
Yes, this peoples are very famous here in Nederland and I'm quite surprised that you were allowed to make pictures (and so closed)!!!???.....
And you are lucky that Mrs. Spotmatic let you take your camera, otherwise it would be a quite boring show Laughing Laughing Laughing ........

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perferct!

But I miss Cristina Deutekom in the set (sorry, but Cristina is the only famous Dutch person I know Very Happy )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful portraits - good style as always

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results Peter - as always!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Famous Dutch people through my 83mm f/1.9 Takumar Reply with quote

Great set! And I think I remember some of them.

Spotmatic wrote:
remember: "famous" is not the same as " outstanding" Wink.

A common problem these days...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderful portraits peter. great results--that lens is fabulous wide open!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone! When spring arrives I'm planning to use the lens a little more. It certainly deserves it!