Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

In order to get a planar 1,7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: In order to get a planar 1,7 Reply with quote

I got this!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140677951652?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1057

Thanks to the spelling mistake I think I was the only bidder!

Just tested the FR and it is indeed working! Also, both the flashes are working too. The only slight niggle is the stuck skylight filter on the planar itself. The focus ring is also very slightly stiff when focussing close. But only sometimes, it wasn't used for last 10 years so maybe that's the reason (or not).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant find!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! superb price for the kit!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham and Poilu. It was indeed a great price. I felt a little guilty, but I ain't returning it! Can't wait for my c/y to nex adapter now, it's gonna be a while 'cos of the Chinese new year Sad

In the meantime let's shoot film!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome find, I am looking for a 50mm but couldn't find a good deal recently....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Congrats, Ebay bargains do happen but you gotta dig hard!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats with that nice find!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good catch of this great bargain. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I tried the flash (Contax TLA 30) with my EOS 350D. It does work, but I don't think automation works (like Orio mentioned for his 5D). I need to get a manual and learn a bit more about the manual modes. It has all the cables and connectors (for off camera) which are also in operational condition.

The other lenses 28mm and 135mm are both DSB, which I guess were cheaper and not as good as ML. May get rid of them eventually along with the MX-2.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple spelling mistake and you got a great deal!! I have the 1.7 too and its a great lens

I almost won a zeiss 35mm PC lens with a spelling error in it but the seller noticed and changed it.... then the price went up $900!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: In order to get a planar 1,7 Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
The only slight niggle is the stuck skylight filter on the planar itself.

With the front lens cap removed, place the lens face down on a rubber mat or similar but on a firm surface then push down on and turn the lens anti-clockwise. This method is better than gripping the filter on the sides which can cause it to distort slightly resulting in it binding on the thread.

Well done on the catch by the way... Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: In order to get a planar 1,7 Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
bhargav wrote:
The only slight niggle is the stuck skylight filter on the planar itself.

With the front lens cap removed, place the lens face down on a rubber mat or similar but on a firm surface then push down on and turn the lens anti-clockwise. This method is better than gripping the filter on the sides which can cause it to distort slightly resulting in it binding on the thread.

Well done on the catch by the way... Cool

Bob, just what was needed. Just came out very smoothly when tried on the back of a mouse mat! Many thanks. Now just waiting for first film to finish and develop.