Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

voigtlander skoparex compur 35/3.4-what is it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: voigtlander skoparex compur 35/3.4-what is it? Reply with quote

i just obtained the above lens and am not sure exactly what it is i have. there is no aperture ring per se, but rather a tiny flange under the focus ring that controls the aperture as you physically slide it along a tiny horizontal opening. but there seems no way to stop the aperture at a desired opening as there are not 'stop' points along the opening. i assume whatever camera it fits somehow 'stops' the aperture where you want it...

does anyone know anything about this lens??? i acquired it very cheaply, thinking it was a rangefinder lens suitable somehow for my newly acquired olympus ep1--now not so sure!

thanks
tony

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a Voigtlander Bessamatic/Ultramatic lens in DKL mount (Deckel, the maker of the Compur shutters). The good news is that you can use this on a camera because there are DKL to M42 adapters available (I have two available for sale but they are not cheap at 65 euros).

The adapter has its own diaphragm, in case you are wondering.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a Deckel-mount lens for the Voigtlander Bessamatic SLR

These mounts were almost the same as for the Kodak Retina Reflex series, the aperture ring was on the camera body.

You can buy an adapter for these for most mounts, that has the aperture ring. I think Alex (HK300) has these.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter that's great; thank you so much! so i guess you set the aperture on the adapter itself, yes?
t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
peter that's great; thank you so much! so i guess you set the aperture on the adapter itself, yes?
t

Yes! I use this adapter on my Septon 2/50:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lens to voigtlander 24 x 36 SRL cams (the apertures ring is on the body). The word "compur" must be in the barrel of the lens, near the focus scale.

This lens is for voiftlander 24 x 36 SRL cameras (bessamatics and ultramatics - and with midification with kodak SRL cameras too).

The skoparex F/3,4 is for srl cameras and has 6-5 and the skoparon F/3,5 is 5-4 and for voigtlander prominent RF cameras.

I used it for a long time. Near average, best apertures F/ 8 and 11. Nice colors and prone to flare (there is a beautiful shade made by voigtlander for this lens).

In voigtlander/kodak mount, the lenses to look for are F 2/40 skopagon and F 2/50 septon.

Good luck.

Rino

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rino, thank you--i would love a 40/2.0-do you have one to sell? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not now. I had only one of this lens when was a voigtlander collector (near 20 years) and I bought it for near u$s 10 in 1988. I think that now can be near u$s 700/800 or more if the collector/user can pay much because it's very, very uncommon lens, a really very rare item in mint condition.

It had 9/6 formula, a very well corrected lens.

Rino.