Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Topcor-S 50mm f2 LTM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Topcor-S 50mm f2 LTM Reply with quote

The lens is a Tokyo Kogaku Topcor-S 50mm F2 in LTM.

I posted colour images from this lens on another thread here today ("Lenses - what to buy?"), but rather than hijacking that thread any further, I am starting a new one here.

All shots made on a Leica MM-246, the lens mounted by an LTM-M adapter from ebay seller yeenon. Lens is manually coded as 11-817 (Summicron 50/2, early version). DNG files downloaded to LR6, and exported to jpg for display here - no processing applied.

I really like this lens. For its weight, which is heavier than any LTM lens on this focal length that I've tried, it has a good balance on the MM246. Wide open performance is sharp centrally, falling off to the corners as expected - when shooting wide open on a rangefinder, you have to bear this in mind when you compose after focusing - don't push the focus point too far into the outer third. Stopped down below f2 and this problem radically diminishes. By F4 it's pretty sharp across the images except in the most extreme corners.

It's a keeper.

#1 - at F2, in bright sunlight with dark clouds approaching the distance.

#2 - F2

#3 - F2, focus is on the two girls in centre of bridge in the central lower 1/3 of shot. I thought I'd set the aperture to F5.6, but am happy with the "mistake"

#4 - F2, with focus on the grasses in foreground. Can anyone tell me why some of the bokeh effects are spheroidal and others are circular?

#5 - F5.6, with focus on the bridge. The dark clouds brought lots of rain this evening.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After posting, I looked at the images here and they look much more blurry than the jpgs do on my computer screen: does the upload to this site cause further compression?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small (not if you click on them, then you see the originals. The screen presentation is downscaled)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l9magen another Calgarian! Hi!
Nice bunch of shots.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

Really love number 3.