Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Optik Görlitz Oreston 1.8/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Meyer Optik Görlitz Oreston 1.8/50 Reply with quote

For the moment i can use it only wide open! On the lens is a litle knob that closes the diafragma when pressed. But its blocked between the body and the lens. Ill figure it out somehow. But even wide open worth to show.

I used a free Photoshop plug in: "optik Verve Labs" a nice versatille tool.

Guido

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice, almost poetic!

I know the plug-in, I suppose. Is it the "Virtual Photographer"?

It's a fantastic tool and it's free! Incredible!

Carsten

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, virtual photographer, nice tool!

Guido

http://www.optikvervelabs.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice plugin. But I never use it, because it can not handle 16 bit images. On screen, it makes no real difference. But for print as a goal, it's different. 16 bit really make critical image editing smoother.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guido, thanks for sharing! Result is very, very nice!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife said its for a funeral, and it makes her sad.
This is the original only resized.

If I have critical alterations I work in 16 Bit lab colours and afterwards I change to 8 bit RGB.

Guido

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent even better, listen to your way ! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice one. I like both versions, the converted and the original one. As Carsten said, almost poetic.

Yes, virtual photographer is a nice tool. I use it sometimes for portraits of Yvonne - but I think she kills me if I am showing them without her permission Very Happy .

Michael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Michael, ask her permission LOL.

Guido

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually this photo is also one of botanical interest.
You can see clearly how on the Fagaceae trees (such as the Beech here, or many deciduous Oaks) the dead leaves stay on the tree until the springtime.
You can clearly see the new leaf bud amongst the dead leaves.

There is an ancient popular story here in northern Italy about why the oak leaves stay on the tree until the springtime.
It says that at the time God defeated the Devil and chased him from the heavens and heart, the Devil said "but you have to give me a place to stay. Please allow me to stay in the woods". And God said he was going to think about it.
The trees nearby heard the conversation and were in terror: what would happen to the woods if it fell in the hands and power of the Devil?
So they decided to ask the oldest tree in the forest, a very old oak, she was surely the wisest one and she would know what to do.
When he heard the facts, the old Oak said "I will ask God to talk to me". And when God was ready to listen, the old tree said: "Please do not allow the Devil to stay in the woods. It will be the ruin for all trees. He will destroy us all." And God said "So what should I do with the Devil?" And the Oak suggested: "Please tell him that he can stay in the woods, but only in the time when no tree will have its leaf on".
And God replied: "This seems a reasonable compromise. I will tell the Devil that he can not enter the woods until there is one tree with the leaves on."
The Old Oak then referred the other trees in the woods about this pact with God. And they said "This can save us now, but what are we going to do in the Winter, when everyone of us will have lost the leaves? We will be lost!"
And the Old Oak said: "You don't have to worry. I will keep my leaves on until the first of you will have opened the new leaves in the springtime".
And so she did. And thanks to the old Oak, and all the other Oaks that followed, the Devil was never able to enter the woods.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice story Orio!

Guido

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jigt wrote:
Well Michael, ask her permission LOL.

This needs to be well prepared... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a wonderful story, Orio!
And it fits perfectly to these photos.
You could make a story card out of that, you two.

Carsten

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guido, that is a stunning photo! I'm getting this lens next week Smile

Seems to compare well to Super-Takumar 50mm 1.4: link

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a nice thing, special the colour off the pictures made with this lens are wonderfull.

I had to sand-of the switch to close the diafragma otherwise it was blocked by the camera body.

Works fine.

Guido

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few with test photos with this lens. It has a very active bokeh that I like so far. I can't wait for the weather to turn better and play more with this one!