Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fungus on Hollywood
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Fungus on Hollywood Reply with quote

No, it's not mine (yet). Can anyone see the fungus from the pics? I can't...

ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carl-Zeiss-Distagon-28mm-f-2-for-Contax-C-Y_W0QQitemZ140381899895QQcmdZViewItemQQptZObiettivi?hash=item20af69cc77

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are serious about this model I have one for sale.
The one here is an AE version. Zeiss will only service the later MM copies. I would be very nervous to trust anyone but Zeiss to open this lens for cleaning.
Others may disagree.

The fungus may not grow or it may just as it may or may not effect performance.
With a cheap lens, a normal or tele in particular. Cleaning fungus from a lens or letting it slide can be a successful enterprise.
I personally would not mess around with a wide angle like the Hollywood.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

Hehe, I am half serious about this lens, though I am seriously considering 28/2.8 Smile

I am sure the Hollywood will be bid out of my price range at the end, just thought some fellow MFers and brave souls might be interested.