Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

adapter for my Super Takumar 55mm f/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: adapter for my Super Takumar 55mm f/1.8 Reply with quote

Hi, I’m new to this fascinating forum and only recently discovered the beauty of MF lenses.

Now I have a question about which m42 to Canon adaptor to get for my newly purchased MF lens. My camera is a Canon 500D

Forgive me if it has been asked a lot. But I did a lot of research already but the more I seem to do that the more confusing I get Wink
I get contradicting advice on which adaptor to get. Some ebay sellers say with push-ring, other’s say without. (btw is a flange the same as a push-ring ?)

I bought the Super Takumar 55mm f/1.8 lens, which I believe has an aperture pin and a auto/man switch.

What I beleve to ‘understand’ so far about this issue is that a flange/push-ring pushes on the aperture pin so that the aperture can be set manually.
But since I have a lens with auto/man switch I don’t need this push-ring/flange? Is that true ? but please correct me if I’m wrong.

Can somebody tell me what adapter I should get for this lens please ? I’m hoping on somebody that owns this lens and can tell me what adapter he/she uses.

Also suggestions on brands and eBay sellers are very much appreciated ! Since I read there are a lot of differences between brands, some are to thin, some are just bad quality, …. etc…

Thanx in advance,

Regards,

Bert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wont matter on lenses with the a/m switch. they work with both, the switch just wont do anything with the flanged adapter as the pin will always be pushed in.

I used that pin with a flangeless adapter from kawa on ebay and it worked great.