Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Primagon 35mm f4.5 (Exakta) -Infinity Q?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Primagon 35mm f4.5 (Exakta) -Infinity Q? Reply with quote

Greetings,

I have a Primagon in Exakta mount to which I have epoxied a M39 to M42 adapter. I love the lens and the pictures it takes . Its very sharp close up.

Being an Exakta to m42 adaptation, I am short on infinity by a tad. I am interested to know if anyone here has had experience; in opening up a Primagon and adjusting for infinity.

I should be able to achieve what I am looking for by sanding down my lens adapter too- I am just looking at my options .

It would be nice to be able to capture landscape , skylines with this lens- as it is wide and super sharp.

Best regards

(The first picture has the M39 to M42 adapter glued on)

Some pictures taken with this lens:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don`t have the same lens as yours, and i only opened one so far, but they look similar in construction...

maybe this thread of mine can help

http://forum.mflenses.com/stiff-focusing-ring-on-a-biotar-58-2-no-problem-t24157.html

tomas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tomas, yes they do look similar and the link you provided seems very interesting. I will read it more later.

Regards