Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Primagon 35mm f4.5 (Exakta) -Infinity Q?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Primagon 35mm f4.5 (Exakta) -Infinity Q? Reply with quote

Greetings,

I have a Primagon in Exakta mount to which I have epoxied a M39 to M42 adapter. I love the lens and the pictures it takes . Its very sharp close up.

Being an Exakta to m42 adaptation, I am short on infinity by a tad. I am interested to know if anyone here has had experience; in opening up a Primagon and adjusting for infinity.

I should be able to achieve what I am looking for by sanding down my lens adapter too- I am just looking at my options .

It would be nice to be able to capture landscape , skylines with this lens- as it is wide and super sharp.

Best regards

(The first picture has the M39 to M42 adapter glued on)

Some pictures taken with this lens:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don`t have the same lens as yours, and i only opened one so far, but they look similar in construction...

maybe this thread of mine can help

http://forum.mflenses.com/stiff-focusing-ring-on-a-biotar-58-2-no-problem-t24157.html

tomas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tomas, yes they do look similar and the link you provided seems very interesting. I will read it more later.

Regards