Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kern Macro Switar 75/1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Kern Macro Switar 75/1.9 Reply with quote

I didn't see a thread with this one, so here are a few snapshots from this afternoon. Wide open on the GH1, jpgs with minimal PP in Picasa. The macro option really makes this a cool lens.

Stefan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A well known great lens! Thanks for the proof!!

Last edited by kds315* on Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this flash photography, look flat to me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Stefan! Thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! No flash on these, maybe it was a little too sunny to really take all pics wide open, I also thought the colors were a little subdued compared to pics I had taken with the lens stopped down.

BTW, I had taken the pics yesterday to decide whether to keep this one or the Canon FD 85/1.8 (too many lenses, need to cut back a bit...). I find the Kern to be slightly sharper wide open and to have significantly less purple fringing - and it has the added macro function which makes it really versatile in the field. I'll have to check the corner performance, but - for me - the Kern is clearly ahead.

Stefan