Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor Cine Lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Soligor Cine Lenses Reply with quote

Okay, so this category says "Cine" lenses and from what I've seen you folks seem to really know your stuff and so I ask you, What if anything can anyone tell me about these?

I've been looking all over the place for these for well over a month and more. So far I've found nothing much like them. I know they're film camera lenses of some sort and that they belonged to some hand held movie camera that my grandfather owned probably somewhere between the 1920's and the 1950's. I'm just wondering what camera they actually came off of and what they might be worth.

The box is showing it's age and it's all a bit dirty externally, something I need to take care of cleaning them properly, but they do seem to be in really nice shape for lenses this old. They were sitting in an old trunk, probably unused since at least the late 50's till I scoped them and claimed them.

I'm doubting they're particularly valuable, but since I can't figure out what they belonged to I'm thinking they might be an interesting curiosity to someone if I auctioned them. I don't even know what to start them at or how hard they are to find. I'm also wondering if they have any use besides being used as they were originally on a film camera? They do have front and back caps and even the little brush that came with is still in the box.

I just found this on flickr. Any chance these are those? I was told they were older than 1955 though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nesster/3942658030/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: 8mm Reply with quote

They seem to be 6.5mm and 38mm lenses. They appear to be for 8mm film cine cameras? The 38mm might be as useful as the 2.8 40mm also on this part of the forum. It could be useful on a 4/3 camera. Might be worth $50 tops, for both? Depends on condition.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lenses themselves are in beautiful shape, the box not so much. It's showing it's age. I can't find anything exactly like them on Ebay but I did find something similar and I'm watching them to see. I'm rather curious to see what they go for.